SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Veterinarian offices slammed, long waits
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Veterinarian offices slammed, long waits Login/Join 
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Our Harley (rat terrier/beagle) had her yearly checkup 1st july. Ear infection both ears given meds/drops and now almost cleared up. Several teeth pulled. Curb side only but no problems yet. She has had same vet for 14yrs. About 20 miles to the LSU (university) vet medical school. Actually have a cousin who graduated from said vet school and joined US Army with 20+yrs service as a veterinarian. Retired
as a LTC ......................................drill sgt.

Posts: 2014 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnul 9:
My wife is a hospital manager for a vet hospital here in town. They have to limit the number of appointments they can take each day and do the whole curbside thing. She has been run ragged over the past month or so. Lots of new quarantine pets, people noticing things about their pets since they are spending so much time with them are both contributing factors. No end in sight. She’s putting in 16 hour days to help reduce payroll costs. Revenue isn’t up because of the reduced patient load. On top of all that she gets pissed off customers all day long. I feel awful for her.

My daughter is a manager at a large vet hospital, she's experiencing crazy, busy days. Worse yet, crazy people. Seems the clients have gone from "Thanks for being here", to "Why do I have to wait". She does 12 hour days, three days a week, needs two days just to recover.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3401 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Dupe, sorry

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3401 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnul 9:
My wife is a hospital manager for a vet hospital here in town. They have to limit the number of appointments they can take each day and do the whole curbside thing. She has been run ragged over the past month or so. Lots of new quarantine pets, people noticing things about their pets since they are spending so much time with them are both contributing factors. No end in sight. She’s putting in 16 hour days to help reduce payroll costs. Revenue isn’t up because of the reduced patient load. On top of all that she gets pissed off customers all day long. I feel awful for her.

Bless your wife. Sorry to hear about the angry customers, one would think they could be more understanding with what has been going on and thankful that they are open but I know how people can be. IMO many local businesses are struggling just to break even these days. I don't know how much longer restaurants can survive around here. We have been going out to eat because we like to and to help them going out to eat more often than usual but when I see they are about 15 percent full during what normally would be peak hours, that can't e good.

Posts: 9748 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post