SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dinnerware/China value
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dinnerware/China value Login/Join 
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I just sold a 12 piece serving of great-grandma’s set for $125 on Craigslist. I thought I hit a homer! We never used it.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4241 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
The best wedding gift of all - a power drill from a fraternity buddy and groomsman - died recently. Well it runs, but only in reverse, and the forward/reverse switch doesn't do anything. There's something poetic about that, not really sure what, but there it is...

[drift]Sounds like the forward/reverse switch died. Probably an easy fix.[/drift]

Posts: 6925 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:

The best wedding gift of all - a power drill from a fraternity buddy and groomsman - died recently. Well it runs, but only in reverse, and the forward/reverse switch doesn't do anything. There's something poetic about that, not really sure what, but there it is...

Recently a Niece got married and bought a starter home fixer upper. Instead of gifts of crap, they requested Home Depot and Lowes Gift Cards. They got a lot of that! They specifically said they did not want any china or stuff of that nature. It enabled them to buy tools and supplies and stuff to fix up the house. I heartily approved.

Posts: 11863 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Mother, 97, has a huge collection of china cups and saucers, decorated plates, depression glass, lead crystal, and collections of giveaway peanut butter and pudding glasses that are cool like from the 50s.

My inheritance.

Although I should talk. There is all my tools and gun stuff. And bunches of Barks and Rosa Donald Duck books and comics, etc. that just sit there now. Same with lots of 60s records.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6321 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Twist18:
Anyone know a good way to find the value of a set of dinnerware/China? Maybe a website where I can enter the brand or style, or whatever. Years ago, after my mother in law passed, my wife’s ex step father basically dumped a bunch of this stuff on us. I’m sure it’s basically worthless, or he’d have kept it and sold it himself, but before I donate or dump the stuff, I just want to make sure its not valuable.

as mentioned by ElToro, Replacements is the go to,

you can list on ebay if you want to get rid of it, but honestly, and from experience, it will take time and not all will sell,

we ditched some thru a local estate type place, they take consignments and sold a pile of glassware (think upper scale thrift) for us

we have a couple of local foodie places that like to serve on older plates, so if you have the same in your area, they may want as a donation or trade ,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10435 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post