SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need help finding clicky type switches for my kid
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help finding clicky type switches for my kid Login/Join 
posted
My kids loves switches/buttons and I was looking to add some to her play kitchen. I was thinking something like the old A/B cable switch boxes or maybe a rocker style switch.

I would prefer something enclosed so there are no pointy ends and it must have an audible click.

Anyone know of any such switches?

Posts: 5418 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Need help finding clicky type switches for my kid
Parents have been fruitlessly looking for these for a long long time, good luck finding one.

Posts: 6475 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not quite the same as the old dial switches on those boxes, but might something here work?

https://www.mcmaster.com/switches/lever-switches/

Posts: 279 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: August 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
Lots of choices available for toggle and/or rocker switches on Amazon, Grainger, and auto supply stores.

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1976 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
like these?

https://www.amazon.com/Jabinco...+%2Caps%2C156&sr=8-3

A/B switches went the way of RS-232 and V.35. LONG GONE. DIP switches live no more either.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 717 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
Look up "fidget switch" on amazon. They are little fidget toys with different types of switches and buttons all over them. Great for a kid who likes to press and click things.

Posts: 4344 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redleg06:
Lots of choices available for toggle and/or rocker switches on Amazon, Grainger, and auto supply stores.

I found the basic rocker switches. I was hoping to find something self contained in a box that I can surface mount

Posts: 5418 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Grill igniter if you can remove the shock hazard.

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aller Anfang ist schwer
Picture of Tavman
posted Hide Post
https://www.stewmac.com/electr...BqKI_pxoCIP0QAvD_BwE

Guitar pedal switches normally click pretty well.

Posts: 1700 | Location: Fayetteville, AR | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Not so much noise.. but one of these for the room. Buttons

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
What's wrong with a standard toggle switch?

Amazon link

Easy to install, just drill a hole and use lock ring. If you want to get creative you can hook up some batteries and lights to them.

If you don't have access to other side of it, mount four or five on piece of plastic or wood and make a switch bank.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Skins2881:

The problem is most of the mounting locations she would have access to the back side of the switch.

But it looks like I could put one of these where she could not access the back

The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Skins2881:

The problem is most of the mounting locations she would have access to the back side of the switch.

But it looks like I could put one of these where she could not access the back

Maybe buy an electronics project box and add all the swiches to the box, then mount the box onto the kitchen appliances.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=pro...box&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Some sort of a rotary switch, with 5-10 or whatever number of contact points, would be awesome, I think. link

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The ever essential knife switch

that is of course they are in a laboratory,

if they are flying a rocket , then maybe , not so much .

https://www.amazon.com/SEOH-Kn...d=1595461943&sr=8-33

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54644 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post