SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone use a Ridge Wallet?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone use a Ridge Wallet? Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
https://www.ridgewallet.com/collections/all-wallets

I see them for about $75 on Amazon.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12301 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received one as a gift on Monday of this week. My previous wallet is a very thin, money clip with a place for a Drivers License, Credit Cards and another card pocket.

I carry two credit cards with a random assortment of ID cards. It was easy to access my credit cards and Drivers License with my old wallet and cumbersome with the Ridge.

Yesterday, at the gas station, I spent too much time trying to retrieve my credit card and came home and transferred everything back to the old wallet.

____

I'm filled with gratitude for the blessings I've received.

Posts: 707 | Location: So Cal | Registered: September 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
My brother in law likes his. I passed on getting one because sometimes I put my wallet in my left pocket in front of my phone and the metal would scratch the hell out of it. That, and I didn't like the idea of popping out the stack of cards to find what I need.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one and within a week the money clip snapped. Complained to the company and do you think they would do a thing about it? Hell no, so it now resides in my desk drawer.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
^^^ Wow. All I need to know.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a similar wallet (Amazon - Martrams Carbon Fiber Credit Card Holder RFID Blocking Money Clip Wallet). Works well, $30. I tried a money clip version, but it adds bulk. I use the version that extends the elastic band on one side of the wallet, and put 3 or 4 folded bills there.

I use it to hold credit cards, drivers license, CCP, etc.

Posts: 693 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
For whatever reason, I am a fan of a good leather wallet.

Don't like all those fancy wallets seems like too much trouble to do something simple.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16375 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys.

SigForum reviews are much more beneficial that anything I'd find anywhere else.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12301 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
It's just been too wildly overpriced to me for what it is. Maybe I'd try one if it were 90% cheaper.

Posts: 3367 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
I used one for about a year but found that whatever card was on top (drivers license for me) got worn down and scraped up. same with the card on the bottom.

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1727 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
For $75 or more, a wallet had better print its own money.

Posts: 27814 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
It's just been too wildly overpriced to me for what it is. Maybe I'd try one if it were 90% cheaper.

Similar opinion except the price. A fellow Sig Forum member karma’d a Trayvax. The thread was for first responders so I withdrew myself and purchased one. Been extremely pleased with it. Made in the USA, RFID blocking, and small. Quality product for a fair price.

https://www.trayvax.com/products/armored-summit

If you want leather or similar google Stealth Wallet.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12558 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
It's very stiff. There is no denying you have a hard piece in your pocket. If you are active or use your pockets to carry things, or like to put your hands in you pockets then this will get on your nerves quick.

I tried it in my back pocket but sitting is a problem and its size makes it easy to slip out.

I like the theory but not the practice of it.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4787 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MoreCowbell
posted Hide Post
I tried a couple of different wallets for front pocket use and I settled on a wobo wallet. I've been using it for a year and I really like it. I found out about it on a previous wallet thread on here. I gave one to my friend for his birthday and he likes it also.

Posts: 117 | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
I have a similar wallet. It's a pain in the ass. I used it - once.

Now it sits in my drawer.

Useless wallet

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
If you’re looking for a thin wallet, try Flowfold. They are made from sail cloth. I got one based on a thread here a couple years ago and I love it.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5281 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I had been seriously looking at the ridge. Looks like everything I would want. Thanks for the reviews and alternate suggestions. I’ll keep looking.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4022 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
After first seeing the Ridge, I went with a similar design (near copy) off Amazon for $12. Already having a money clip, I took the money clip off the wallet.

I have since moved to a similar one, from Apache Pine. Instead of a money clip it has an elastic band on the outside to hold bills and works fine. I think I paid $8 for it on sale. Serves it’s purpose and is far less bulk than a traditional wallet.

https://apachepine.com/collect...american-flag-wallet

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10911 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
^^^ Wow. All I need to know.

Me too. I am generally pretty tough on this kinda stuff. Thanks for the warning.

Posts: 7227 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I got a Magpul, you may have heard of them. Since I don’t carry cash any more, it’s great. Nothing sharp; the polymer grips cars nicely so they don’t fall out.

Magpul Wallet

Posts: 18010 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post