SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Someone tried to crash the gate at Camp Pendleton. They did not make it.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Someone tried to crash the gate at Camp Pendleton. They did not make it. Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted
There’s a video in the link that’s pretty impressive to me. Those Marines and the barriers all did their job.

https://fox5sandiego.com/news/...n-officials-say/amp/

quote:
CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. – A vehicle was halted Friday evening after the driver tried to make its way into Camp Pendleton, according to 1st Lieutenant Taylor M. Schrick.

There was an attempt to gain unauthorized access around 6:30 p.m. The Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton Marshall Office then deployed so-called “final denial barriers,” which are physical barriers placed at the last point in a physical security plan where it’s possible to stop a breach.

Once the “final denial barriers” were used, the vehicle was stopped.

All the people in the car were taken to Palomar Hospital. Unknown how many people were in the car or the severity of their injuries.

The main gate to Camp Pendleton was closed for more than two hours but reopened at 9 p.m. Friday.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Dumbasses

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Washington Examiner's story adds Tweets about vehicle catching fire and videos of vehicle catching fire.

Good opportunity to use the Sigforum Tweet embedding feature:

quote:
Unknown how many people were in the car or the severity of their injuries.
Alex, I'll take Severe Injuries for $500

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23242 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I like barriers. They save lives.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
It will be interesting to find out what that was all about when the suspects are questioned.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
If they live.

Posts: 17119 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Someone tried here at Meade the other day also.

The guy who tried while I was at Great Lakes wound up looking like swiss cheese.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Dumbasses

Q, it amazes me how many times I will see something like this on the forum, utter a word out loud to myself, scroll down and see you have written the exact same word I had said.

Posts: 7253 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Stories like this is a downer for me. It makes me remember my favorite marine joke as a sailor about marines and main gates. That is, until Lebanon airport attack happened. That is one of those things etched indelibly in my mind. It's like superman getting actually wounded by a bullet.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19656 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, incidents like this are actually positive in as they're a reminder for the base commander and various unit commanders that security is important and not to be taken lightly or, brushed aside as a nuisance item on the big list of responsibilities.

Posts: 14649 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Unfortunately, incidents like this are actually positive in as they're a reminder for the base commander and various unit commanders that security is important and not to be taken lightly or, brushed aside as a nuisance item on the big list of responsibilities.
Not to mention that it might have a discouraging effect on anyone seeking to emulate the gate crashers.

Posts: 6464 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
This crap happens quite frequently, people normally hit the gate at the permiter fence when it is close even though there are numerous reflective signs, flashing lights, etc. Normally, it is someone blindly following their GPS or a drunk.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3626 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Any ID of the drivers on this or the other events? 5-10 years ago I would be think ISIL, but these days, hard to guess...

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This happened at NAS Norfolk years ago when I was stationed there. A sailor crashed through the gate, the Marine sentry shot the sailor DRT.

The Marine was commended for following procedure and doing his job.

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
GTA 5, the real life version.

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t crash a Marine gate anywhere. My son is a pretty new Marine at a tiny little base and on his first week he was on guard duty. And yes he had live rounds in his M4. I remember the bad old days where the guards had rifles basically for show. Not anymore. And I agree those barriers are no joke.

Posts: 7469 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 616 | Location: West By God VA | Registered: July 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blusmoke:
They leaned in

Great Article

Posts: 23414 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting. That was a great article indeed.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post