SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Aimpoint: Praise for their commitment to the customer and their customer service.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aimpoint: Praise for their commitment to the customer and their customer service. Login/Join 
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted
More than a decade ago, I purchased a brand new Aimpoint 7000SC 30mm diameter tube style red dot with a 4 MOA dot. I bought it from a retail shop in Pennsylvania. (online purchase)
This particular model red dot is marketed for short action/compact rifles hunting usage.

It never really worked quite right. I purchased the extended battery cap along with the red dot. With either the standard battery cap, or the extended battery cap, (holds another battery internally for backup) the red dot would go out intermittently. Both battery caps were also very "fussy" about torque and the dot working/not working. I should have sent it out for repair long ago, but didn't.

Fast forward to this fall. I had the Aimpoint on a Remington bolt action hunting pistol. I sold the pistol to one of my hunting buddies. I did not sell him the Aimpoint as I considered it to be defective and/or problematic and didn't want my friend to be disappointed with the wonky Aimpoint. He ended up going with a Burris long eye relief pistol scope which I will mount for him tomorrow evening.

I've moved since I bought the Aimpoint, but was able to locate the original box which had all the purchase documentation inside.

Back in September I reached out to Aimpoint USA on their website and requested email with the service department. I heard back quickly and they said that model was no longer sold, but they might be able to repair it for me. I packed it up and shipped to their facility in Virginia. (RMA number required to send it in)

Standard warranty is one or two years (can't remember which) for Military, LE, and competitive shooting. Six years for general usage. I had to agree to pay a $99 fee for the repairs if warranty did not cover them. A month or so goes by and I email Virginia. They sent it to Sweden to do the repairs. Another month or so goes by and I get a box from Virginia. Open it up, it's my Aimpoint.

The paperwork says every part except the front lens housing has been replaced. It turns out most of the parts have been upgraded with the newer model (9000SC) which replaced my older model. (7000SC)
New housings, rear lens, new rheostat, new switch, new adjustment turrets and adjustment housing. They even included a newer design extended battery cap, and full of new batteries. They also did a vacuum test to check for resistance to water intrusion.

More than four years out of warranty and they fixed it for free. Yay Aimpoint!!!

I now have it mounted on my Thompson/Center Encore muzzleloader rifle. Leupold Dual Dovetail 30mm rings. We are supposed to get some snow here at my location on Thursday. I'm heading to the local gun club range Wednesday morning to get it sighted in. This weekend, off to the cabin for a weekend of muzzleloader deer hunting with the T/C Encore rifle, and the T/C Encore pistol.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1551 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Wow!! Outstanding service!!

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
That is excellent. Kudos to Aimpoint.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
That's how you keep customers and earn more. Nice going Aimpoint!

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3227 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Glad you shared that experience...useful information.

Posts: 1976 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Some people/companies would have said sorry but can not help you. With this type of response for their product as well as their customers pays off in the long end by a happy customer spreading the word about the way he was treated. This makes for happy customers. A unhappy customer can and does chase away potential customers by the way they treat current customers. ............................ drill sgt.

Posts: 2028 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post