SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    crazy deal on Oakley's at Midway -- won't last -- $48 - $55 shipped
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

crazy deal on Oakley's at Midway -- won't last -- $48 - $55 shipped Login/Join 
posted
https://www.midwayusa.com/s?promotionid=1207423

-----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice! Just ordered a set. Thanks for passing this along.

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of skonie
posted Hide Post
Just ordered a pair of the black ones. Thanks for the heads-up.

Posts: 1514 | Location: NV | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by l33571:
Nice! Just ordered a set. Thanks for passing this along.

sure thing.

i figured if you buy a pair and don't like them they are a nice birthday / graduation present for someone down the road...

------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Thanks Sig209 - just added to my collection!

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Got a pair on the way.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
thanks for the tip!

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11116 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Thanks

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12696 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Oh what the hell.....thanks!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Neither pair is polarized if that matters to anyone. Nice deal still.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7508 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Nice - ordered two. Non-Polarized is fine - my expensive sunglasses are my fishing glasses, these would be my casual and are good for reading off iPad and Kindle.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Just ordered a pair.

Posts: 747 | Location: Vermont | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Good deal. Valves are my favorite Oakleys. Fit and look great on my big head. I already own 3 pairs.

Non-polarized is a bummer, but not a deal-breaker. I can always use another set for lawn mowing, etc.

Posts: 32610 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Great deal. Bought a pair of the matte black / black iridium lenses.

Thanks for the lead.

Posts: 5077 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Paratus
Picture of sj4550
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up
Ordered one of each. See which one I like and give the other pair to the boy

Posts: 378 | Location: Ovilla, TX | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I just placed an order and did a small RoundUP for the NRA.

Posts: 1630 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
You could buy just the replacement lenses from Oakley if you wanted Polarized ones. They ain't cheap though.

Turbine™ Replacement Lenses

Posts: 3407 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wearing prescription lenses sucks when I see things like this.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2756 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
These frames are the "regular" sized from Oakley. If, like me, you require wider frames (e.g. 145mm) these won't fit.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16291 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
You could buy just the replacement lenses from Oakley if you wanted Polarized ones. They ain't cheap though.

Turbine™ Replacement Lenses

Wolfe 21 - both of these companies and others make prescription lenses for multiple brand sunglasses.

Or you can try Revant optics or Fuse lenses. Both sell polarized and non polarized, in multiple color options, replacements from around $15-$55 a set. I have used both brands in the past, currently have two frames with Revant and one frame with Fuse polarized. Have no issues with them on fit or finish. One set is 3yrs old and no issues. Great price for great replacement lenses. I used to buy from Oakley until I discovered these guys a few years ago.

If you subscribe to either ones email list you will receive discount codes up to 20% and or free shipping.

Revent - Turbine

Revant Valve

Fuse Turbine

Fuse Valve

Even if you bought the Midway deal and replaced the lenses with above choices you still would be in for less than a new pair of Oakleys.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post