SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What "white privilege" means in small-town West Virginia
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What "white privilege" means in small-town West Virginia Login/Join 
Picture of TigerDore
posted
http://www.renewamerica.com/co...p3-bTGQ-TxL7qvBFhelc

-----------------

What "white privilege" means in small-town West Virginia

By Lloyd Marcus
December 29, 2019

Two years ago, my wife Mary and I relocated from Florida to West Virginia to be closer to our elderly parents. We have witnessed traditional American values displayed in our tiny town of 500 which I've affectionately nicknamed Trump Country USA. Our two shopping options are the country store/gas station or the Dollar General.

I am one of probably ten blacks in town.

On a trip to the Dollar General, I saw an elderly white gentleman in the parking lot slowly returning his shopping cart to the store. "I can take that for you sir." I said. "Thank you young man." he replied. Then he asked, "Do I know you? You look like someone I know." I replied, "No sir. We moved here 2 years ago."

With a great warm smile, he said, "My name is Pop Kern. I'm 89 years old. I've lived here all my life." As we chatted, Pop Kern said, "At 9 years old, I milked 9 cows every morning before school and 9 cows after school. My pay was $5 a week."

I thought, I guess Pop Kern did not get the memo about what Democrats call his racist and unfair "white privilege." He just got up every morning and did what he had to do to earn a living. He lives in the home he grew up in which he owns and has acquired a second house. I could tell he is a kind man who worked hard his entire life.

I've seen Pop Kern around town, walking in baby steps to pick up his mail at the post office. He is always pleasant, giving me a wave, a smile or a have a good day.

It turns my stomach the way despicable evil Democrat presidential candidates say white men like Pop Kern are responsible for everything wrong in the world. Democrats boldly proclaim that if elected president, they will punish Pop Kern; tax the heck out of him and force him to pay reparations to minorities and even illegal aliens. https://fxn.ws/2EZovZ8

Pop Kern said, "Where do you live?" I described our location. "I know where you live. That's the house with the beautiful front porch. I've driven by and admired it several times," he replied.

I did not tell Pop Kern that we won $50 for second place in the town's annual Christmas home decorating contest. The home that won first place had a gazillion lights. No, I am not jealous.

Our conversation in the Dollar General parking lot was the first time Pop Kern and I actually chatted. It ended with Pop Kern shaking my hand while saying, "Nice talking with you Lloyd. You're a good man."

The hate-filled war on straight white men has become so extreme that the University of Melbourne Student Union wants to ban white men from speaking in classes so women and transgenders will feel free to contribute to discussions. https://dailym.ai/2qpzjMD

Insane social justice warriors demand that white men be silenced; not allowed to have an opinion regarding reviewing movies, climate change and everything in between.

Folks, we have allowed leftists to create a generation of hate-filled social justice warrior terrorists who believe the world would be a much better place if we could get rid of scum-of-the-earth white guys like Pop Kern.

While I am pleased that more and more people are fighting back, we need more people telling SJWs, "No! Back off! Get a life and get a job!"

The Democrat Party is the greatest distributor of class envy, racial hate and division. They have disdain for all things patriotic, wholesome and good. The party has deteriorated to become a mob of hate-filled treasonous domestic terrorists who MUST be crushed in 2020.

Pop Kern still drives and takes care of himself. That is pretty cool.

Lloyd Marcus, The Unhyphenated American

Help Lloyd spread the Truth
http://LloydMarcus.com

God instructed Pharaoh, "Let my people go."
God instructs us,"Let my people know." Spread truth.

Posts: 8625 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
I like this guy, well written and concise.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6218 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Had a chance to meet Lloyd some years at a Tea Party event in DC. This was back when the magic negro was in office and Tea Party events were the rage. Good guy to talk to. We talked for about 3 minutes, then he was whisked away. I'd like to share a beer or three with him one day.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7657 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Basically the United States is a victim of its own success. We are a rich country where too many people do not have to work for a living. They don't have enough to do, so they spend their time trying to tell everyone else what to do.

These people can't be satisfied with our success, they will not be satisfied until they have destroyed the United States.

Posts: 232 | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I've never heard of this gentleman. I spent some time on his website and put his book in my Amazon cart. Thank you.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8111 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Lost friends last year due to their labeling of me as “white male privileged” and post about it here. Like Pop, but at 10, I worked 3-4 hours before school and 3-4 hours after school and have had a job ever since. Being white never earned me a damn thing. Hard work did. Actually in the music business it hurt me, as well as my geographical location. And this white male hate has existed in the corporate environment for the 20+ years I have been in it.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12643 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WCCPHD:
Basically the United States is a victim of its own success. We are a rich country where too many people do not have to work for a living. They don't have enough to do, so they spend their time trying to tell everyone else what to do.

These people can't be satisfied with our success, they will not be satisfied until they have destroyed the United States.

Spot on.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WCCPHD:

I say this to my wife all the time, if people had to produce their own food they would have a lot less time to produce this BS.

Also a lot of these SJW would be shunned as they do not produce anything useful....

People are bored....never a good thing

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
... at 10, I worked 3-4 hours before school and 3-4 hours after school and have had a job ever since...

I started cutting my family's lawn at age 10. By age 13, I was cutting other people's lawns for $5. At age 16, I started working after school and on weekends at a small grocery store/gas station. Throughout undergrad, I worked full time, sometimes 2 jobs, as I paid my way through college and graduated without debt. During graduate study, I juggled school and being a full time dad our young sons, all while growing a company, which was never a 40 hour a week job. During undergrad and grad, sleepless nights were not uncommon.

I have worked continuously since age 13. My parents were excellent teachers of values and the benefits of hard work.

All of that white privilege above has given me a nice life, and a good home for my family.

Posts: 8625 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I was constantly bullied growing up because I was small and poor. The black kids were vicious towards me because they felt they were better than me. I had a good life growing up but it wasn’t because we had money. Being white never got me or my family a damn thing.

Posts: 13744 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:

Pop Kern said, "At 9 years old, I milked 9 cows every morning before school and 9 cows after school. My pay was $5 a week."

$5 a week in 1940 equates to $90 a week in 2019. A good chunk of change for a 9 year old.

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post