SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sock Sale! 25% off all Darn Tough socks at goBros.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sock Sale! 25% off all Darn Tough socks at goBros. Login/Join 
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted
Just a heads up. All Darn Tough socks are on sale this month at gobros. Caress you feet in merino wool. These are the best socks I've ever owned.

https://www.gobros.com/socks.html

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8222 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Good find.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up. How do these compare to smart wool.

Posts: 1571 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Muleman244
posted Hide Post

---------------------------------------
NRA Patron Life Member

Posts: 236 | Location: Grifton, NC USA | Registered: September 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
Ordered - thanks!

Posts: 2327 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Dog:

A lot of guys really like Darn Tough. When I tried them a couple years ago they made me feet sweat like crazy...

Point6 socks are my go to now (founded by the same people that founded SmartWool 6 months after their non-compete agreement expired). They also have a lifetime warranty. They have 25% off their base layers (I've not tried those yet) and socks now with the code "BaseDrop"

Posts: 1807 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I made the switch from SmartWool to Darn Tough a couple years ago, and will never go back. Lifetime warranty, much tighter stitching, less bulky than SmartWool, I have never had a pair fall apart or grow any holes yet (and if they do, DT will replace them for free.)

Also, I have bought many SmartWool shirts and the sizing (length) for the exact same “model/style” has been hit and miss (as in a 2-3” difference in length, making some unwearable for my 6’3” height... also have had them wear out and develop holes quickly. Yes, apples to oranges, but I have had QC issues with $60-80 SmartWool products, and have never had a single issue with over a dozen Darn Tough products I have bought.

Posts: 435 | Location: Utah | Registered: March 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
Picked up a few pairs. Hope I got the size right!

Posts: 1993 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ordered some damn tough Light medium and heavy

Posts: 1571 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:

I used to wear and still have some smart wools socks. I warn a few pairs out. Switch the Darn Tough for the warranty although I haven't had any long enough to need it.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16413 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShouldBFishin:
quote:

A lot of guys really like Darn Tough. When I tried them a couple years ago they made me feet sweat like crazy...

Point6 socks are my go to now (founded by the same people that founded SmartWool 6 months after their non-compete agreement expired). They also have a lifetime warranty. They have 25% off their base layers (I've not tried those yet) and socks now with the code "BaseDrop"

They have several weights and options so they will have options that work for you. I have several pair and love the quality and warranty.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, now to stock up

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good find! I really like the coolmax ones.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post