SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Global warming is making winters colder
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Global warming is making winters colder Login/Join 
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted
You cannot make this shit up.

Linky

Alarmists Resurrect Theory That Global Warming Is Making Winters Colder

Research purports to bolster theories that man-made warming is leading to colder U.S. and European winters, but buried in the paper is an admission undercutting its findings.

The study, published in a “Nature Communications” January 2018 issue, claimed historical data showed an East Coast cold snap is two to four times more likely when the Arctic is abnormally warmer than when the pole is colder. It’s not a widely accepted theory among climate scientists, but the study’s made the rounds in the media, touted as more evidence man-made warming is making U.S. winters colder.

The study “basically” confirmed “the story I’ve been telling for a couple of years now,” the study’s co-author, Rutgers University scientist Jennifer Francis, said. “This is no coincidence” and that “it’s becoming very difficult to believe they are unrelated,” Francis, who’s regularly cited in the media during intense cold snaps, added.

That theory resurfaced this winter during a prolonged cold snap in the eastern U.S., which lasted from around Christmas 2017 to mid-January. Cold and snow pummeled the northeast, and former Vice President Al Gore claimed it was the product of man-made warming. Francis’s new study confirms that theory, she said.

Buried in the study, however, is a section on limitations undercutting the mainline findings. JunkScience.com publisher Steve Milloy pointed out the admissions on Twitter.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
really?

ok, how did all the other ice ages start and end? I think there were 30 of them?

or does that little fact destroy your message?

headline should be global cooling is melting the ice caps...makes as much sense

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53188 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Goodness! What ever should we do? Let's see what the experts recommend for a proper course of action:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/AiPUjGNTi24

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I called my mortgage company's customer service department to ask a question. It was during the cold snaps in Houston, with temps in the low 30s and upper 20s. I made comment of this and the Libtard CS rep informed me how global warming was the cause. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes. Guess she's swallowed the Al Bore lie hook, line, and sinker. But I guess the stupider one is, the easier it is to brainwash them...

Stupidity has run rampant on this planet...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Let me get this straight... it’s getting warmer and it’s making it colder. Got it.

I suppose I’ll just roll along happily denying haha.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15584 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Global Warming/Climate Change is just an internationalist scheme to transfer wealth from the U.S. to other nations. This is why these so-called experts can never ever admit that they’re incorrect.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Global Warming/Climate Change is just an internationalist scheme to transfer wealth from the U.S. to other nations. This is why these so-called experts can never ever admit that they’re incorrect.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yes, this is exactly what Global Warming / Climate Change is all about.
And all you stupid, foolish idiots that bought into this BULL SHIT, you are the problem believing this crap. I know that half of you are closet liberal, progressive democrats that just happen to be firearm owners, but it doesn't make you right. You need to stop supporting this democrat lie and wise up!

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
As I recall information based on lots of ice core samples from Antarctica, there have been 17 ice ages.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cousin Vinnie:
I know that half of you are closet liberal, progressive democrats that just happen to be firearm owners, but it doesn't make you right. You need to stop supporting this democrat lie and wise up!

Calling half of the members of Sigform "closet liberals" and tell half of the members to "wise up" sounds like you are classifying half of us as deplorables. Hillary much?

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Angus the Kid:
quote:
I know that half of you are closet liberal, progressive democrats that just happen to be firearm owners, but it doesn't make you right. You need to stop supporting this democrat lie and wise up!

Calling half of the members of Sigform "closet liberals" and tell half of the members to "wise up" sounds like you are classifying half of us as deplorables. Hillary much?
Vinnie - In addition to Angus the Kid's comments, you're so good at estimating numbers that you should work for the polling team for Hillary 2020 campaign. In other words, you're out of your fucking mind using the bullshit "half" term.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23264 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12685 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Apparently Oklahoma didn’t get the memo. We haven’t had any snow and probably less that 10 days below freezing.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
really?

ok, how did all the other ice ages start and end? I think there were 30 of them?...

Silly, same cause, too many Republican SUV's. Wink

My neighbor, a Bekeley hippy in his college days, told me man made global warming is as proven science as is the law of gravity.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
quote:

Vinnie - In addition to Angus the Kid's comments, you're so good at estimating numbers that you should work for the polling team for Hillary 2020 campaign. In other words, you're out of your fucking mind using the bullshit "half" term.

^^^^^^^^^^^
Just repeating what has been reported over and over that half the US population are progressive, liberal democrats.
It seems that these people are everywhere but don't openly admit that they are Bernie or Hillary supporters.
Just for the record, I am a deplorable and proud of it. Not closet secrets here, and I certainly apologize if I hurt anyones feeling for inferring they are a liberal, progressive democrat! But I know that they are lurking on the boards....Just saying.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Angus the Kid:....The study, published in a “Nature Communications” January 2018 issue, claimed historical data showed an East Coast cold snap is two to four times more likely when the Arctic is abnormally warmer than when the pole is colder....

As I learned in my stat class, correlation does not prove causation. (But I think the man-made global warming matter includes a lot of confirmation bias, select only that data which proves what you have already decided to believe).

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just repeating what has been reported over and over that half the US population are progressive, liberal democrats.
It seems that these people are everywhere but don't openly admit that they are Bernie or Hillary supporters.
Just for the record, I am a deplorable and proud of it. Not closet secrets here, and I certainly apologize if I hurt anyones feeling for inferring they are a liberal, progressive democrat! But I know that they are lurking on the boards....Just saying.

You need to start paying attention more, Pesci.

Sigforum is hardly a microcosm of the US as a whole...unfortunately.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^
If you would've stopped your post 2 sentences early, I would've accepted your apology, but you just couldn't help yourself could you? We're not talking about boards in general, you spewed your bullshit on Sigforum. You've been here 5.5 years and would have to be astoundingly oblivious to not know that the liberal, progressives are few and far between here.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23264 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
As I recall information based on lots of ice core samples from Antarctica, there have been 17 ice ages.
And, as far as we know, none of them were caused by rampant industrialization and CO2 production.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
It doesn't matter what the weather does, the Left will attach manmade (fill-in-the-blank) to it. The warming trend stopped around 1998 or so, which is why the Left went from the Global Warming mantra to Climate Change around 2000. Is it hot? Manmade Climate Change. Is it cold? Manmade Climate Change. Is there a drought? Is there too much rain? It's all because of manmade(Read "US made")Climate Change.

Coincidentally, the only solution is for the US to surrender all its wealth to third world countries.

Posts: 8624 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post