SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Sig 365X
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Sig 365X Login/Join 
posted
Yesterday I put my Diamondback up for sale and bought a Sig 365X as my carry piece. When I got home I loaded the two 12 round magazines and it was all I could do to get seven rounds in one and six in the other. Dug out my HKS loader which is specific for my P226 but holding the loader with the mag braced against a desktop I was able to get 10 rounds in. It even was hard to get the bullets to seat against the back of the mags.

I admit I have gone a long ways downhill physically but I can still load a magazine. Is this stiffness common or did I get a couple of defective magazines?

Posts: 593 | Location: Glide, Oregon | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the same issue with a S&W Shield .45. I had to use an UpLula to fully load the mags initially. I kept the mags fully loaded and they were easier to load by hand afterward.

Posts: 775 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quirky Lurker
posted Hide Post
Mine was the same way hut it loosened up. Leave them loaded for a bit and it will get easier. I love mine!

Posts: 870 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I had a thread here years ago about the Uplula and that 365 seems to have sold tons of Lulas.

Posts: 17905 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Caused me to buy one and another forum member bought one when he saw how easy it was to use mine.

Posts: 4706 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Both my P365SAS and my P365XL mags were impossible to fully load when new, I had to use a loader to get the last rounds in them.

They quickly loosened up to where I can load them by hand with a little effort.

They have fed rounds flawlessly since the first time I loaded them.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3855 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
The UpLula certainly makes the 365 more fun at the range.

Posts: 17905 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
In March, I was staying at a friends house in Georgia. While there, I asked their daughter to see the new Sig P229 she had purchased. The daughter told me she only shot it once as she can't load the magazines. I laughed thinking to myself how hard can it be. It took me 1 hour to load 2 magazines.
I ordered her the UpLula.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4018 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
My 365X magazines are still hard to load and I've been using them weekly for 4 months.

Uplula takes care of the loading for me now, though.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I had/have the same issue with a new P365xl. I think it has to do with the way the mag double stacks the rounds. I bought the scissor style P365 specific loader Sig show on the Website and it works perfectly. I like it because it locks the mag in place using the notch that holds it in the gun. With that arrangement you don't have to rest the mag on a table. But of course it only works with 365 mags, where as the UpLua will work with other mags. You decide what works best for you, but you WILL need a loader even after the mags have seen some rounds.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Infidel
posted Hide Post
I love my P365.

Except for the mag springs.

I had to buy a loader just because of this pistol. I could load them without, but I was going to injure my hand if I kept loading them by hand.

I hate offended people. They come in two flavours - huffy and whiny - and it's hard to know which is worst. The huffy ones are self-important, narcissistic authoritarians in love with the sound of their own booming disapproval, while the whiny, sparrowlike ones are so annoying and sickly and ill-equipped for life on Earth you just want to smack them round the head until they stop crying and grow up.
- Charlie Brooker

Posts: 648 | Location: Sammamish, WA | Registered: May 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
I had a thread here years ago about the Uplula and that 365 seems to have sold tons of Lulas.

Certianly is why I ended up buying mine. Got the Maglula at the same time, though, and it's fantastic too.

Posts: 10203 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
I had/have the same issue with a new P365xl. I think it has to do with the way the mag double stacks the rounds. I bought the scissor style P365 specific loader Sig show on the Website and it works perfectly. I like it because it locks the mag in place using the notch that holds it in the gun. With that arrangement you don't have to rest the mag on a table. But of course it only works with 365 mags, where as the UpLua will work with other mags. You decide what works best for you, but you WILL need a loader even after the mags have seen some rounds.

True, but it takes two hands to load the Magazine anyway, so where do you put the box of ammo, if not on the table... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8971 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's common. Load them up and leave them fully loaded in your safe for a few months.

Posts: 3936 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
\True, but it takes two hands to load the Magazine anyway, so where do you put the box of ammo, if not on the table... Wink

Details. Where do you rest the UpLua standing in the field. On your nuts? Razz

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your input. I feel much better knowing I am not the only one. My eyes say my next purchase will be a laser sight but my fingers say the second purchase will be a loader

Posts: 593 | Location: Glide, Oregon | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well when I checked the price of a laser my bank account said no way, so I did buy the UpLULA, what a Godsend. Loading is soooo much easier. Very happy and will give top recommendations on this loader.

I had enough left over I was able to buy, a Techna Clip that attached to the pistol. It is meant to clip to your belt but I can put the pistol in a jeans style pocket with just about half of the grip peeking out of your pocket. I have had a lot of difficulty finding a holster that is comfortable and fits my 300 lb frame and this seems to be the answer. I wear a jacket length vest (for extra pockets) and it covers the grip very well. The only issue so far is if I sit down at a chair or in my car the grip can get pushed down inside the pocket and becomes much slower to draw.