SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Reagan the movie, starts Friday
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reagan the movie, starts Friday Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39222 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been waiting to see this. It’s been in production since 2020. Not sure why the delays. And Dennis Quaid has endorsed Trump, hopefully this is not his final film due to being blackballed.

I can count on 1 hand how many movies I’ve seen in a theater since 2019, between this and Beetlejuice 2, I may have to get out the other hand in the next week or 2

Posts: 4955 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Opens this week, looking forward to catching it with some buddies.

Posts: 15143 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^^Reportedly the delayed release was due to Covid and actors' strikes.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16886 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
Been waiting to see this. It’s been in production since 2020. Not sure why the delays. And Dennis Quaid has endorsed Trump, hopefully this is not his final film due to being blackballed.

I can count on 1 hand how many movies I’ve seen in a theater since 2019, between this and Beetlejuice 2, I may have to get out the other hand in the next week or 2

Heard him on Mike Roe's podcast. Dennis said Reagan was the best president of his lifetime. I tend to agree, so yeah, he may take some heat. But he's getting up there and surely doesn't much care what holly weird thinks.

Posts: 11432 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About time! America needs a reminder how a real POTUS, who wasn't publicly wetting his britches over "escalation" this or "WW3" that, looks, talks and acts.

Posts: 141 | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
You mean like a POTUS that has a spine and a pair of balls? Haven’t seen that in 3 1/2 years.
Unheard of in today’s R party. (Except for that one guy)
Oh, they talk a good game, all ruff & ready but when it comes time to nail some hides and asses to the wall they shrink away timidly. Mad
Cowards!

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3869 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
We have tickets for Friday at three in the afternoon.

I’ll report back after we see it

Posts: 3814 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Just got back. It was excellent.

I had almost forgotten how much I missed that man.

Posts: 15143 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
We saw the new Reagan movie and it was utterly fantastic.

Thumbs up and heartily recommend you go see it.

Posts: 3814 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Saw it this evening and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Going to have to admit, I got a bit misty a time or three.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6732 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
We saw it today, and we liked it. Glossed over a lot, but there was no way to fit too much more in the space given. I really do miss the Gipper!

Retired Texas Lawman

Posts: 1215 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw it last night. I thought it was pretty good, but they did gloss over a lot of things. It is definitely worth seeing.

Posts: 2241 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
Just saw it with friends and enjoyed it. I have read most books written about Reagan so filling in details was easy for me. For taking on so much material they did a great job and I loved how they told the story.

Posts: 1377 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went last night, fantastic movie. Lot's of facts that I didn't know. Dennis Quaid nailed the part. One thing I noticed is everyone in the theater was old.

Posts: 455 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Calif Phil:
Went last night, fantastic movie. Lot's of facts that I didn't know. Dennis Quaid nailed the part. One thing I noticed is everyone in the theater was old.

My oldest son and I saw it on Labor Day. Like you said, the majority of the audience were older. There was a loud round of applause at the end, and several of us (myself included) were tearful at the end as well. I commented to my son several times during the movie that I remembered a good majority of the events depicted from the mid 1970s through Reagan's presidencies. He is interested in politics from a historical perspective, and we discussed the movie afterwards as well. I said the audience was made up of those of us who lived during that time and we remember.

My son noted that a woman behind us said at the conclusion "Trump needs to watch this movie."

Posts: 520 | Location: Middle Alabama | Registered: February 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Did any of you catch the name of the book that supposedly influenced Reagan at the beginning of his career?