SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Nvidia Surpasses Microsoft as World’s Most Valuable Public Company
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nvidia Surpasses Microsoft as World’s Most Valuable Public Company Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
https://www.breitbart.com/tech...able-public-company/

Nvidia, once a niche chipmaker, has skyrocketed to become the world’s most valuable public company, surpassing tech giants like Microsoft and Apple. The company’s meteoric rise has been fueled by its industry-leading AI chips.

CNBC reports that Nvidia, a company long known for its graphics chips in the gaming community, has now claimed the top spot as the most valuable public company in the world. On Tuesday, Nvidia’s shares climbed 3.6 percent, pushing its market cap to a staggering $3.34 trillion, edging past Microsoft’s $3.32 trillion valuation. This milestone comes on the heels of Nvidia’s first-time crossing of the $3 trillion mark earlier this month, surpassing Apple in the process.

Nvidia’s meteoric rise has been nothing short of extraordinary, with shares up more than 170 percent year-to-date. The stock’s upward trajectory has been fueled by the company’s dominant position in the AI chip market, particularly in data centers. Nvidia controls approximately 80 percent of this market, providing the crucial processors needed by tech giants like OpenAI, Microsoft, Alphabet, Amazon, and Meta to build AI models and handle increasingly large workloads.

The company’s first-quarter earnings report in May further solidified its position, with revenue in the data center business skyrocketing by 427 percent year-over-year to $22.6 billion, accounting for a whopping 86 percent of Nvidia’s total sales. This impressive growth has not gone unnoticed by Wall Street, which has recognized Nvidia’s technology as the driving force behind the ongoing AI explosion.

Nvidia’s journey to the top has been a transformative one. Founded in 1991, the company initially focused on hardware, primarily selling chips for gamers to run 3D titles. Over the years, it has also ventured into cryptocurrency mining chips and cloud gaming subscriptions. However, it’s the company’s pivot towards AI that has catapulted it to new heights, with co-founder and CEO Jensen Huang’s net worth soaring to approximately $117 billion, making him the 11th wealthiest person in the world, according to Forbes.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I bought some Jan 26 of this year just because I didn't feel left out after it had already decent returns in recent years.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20075 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Naqncy Pelosi has apparently made 4-5 MILLION on Nvidia's 'meteoric rise'! Apparently it pays to know things...In advance! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9440 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I own Nvidia stock and I'm buying more.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3648 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm very happy to have owned it since 2016.

It's become my biggest holding by far.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39285 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It’s insane to me that this was some podunk company 20-25 years ago making video cards.

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Amazon started by selling books out of a garage

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
I have owned Nvidia for awhile, and I also owned it as part of XLK etf which is going to be rebalanced today. Since Nvidia is now #1 based on market cap XLK is going to buy about 11 billion dollars worth while they sell about the same in Apple. I own both so going to be interesting to see how it affects the individual price.

Posts: 3789 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ I own both too, Apple being my second biggest holding. Given my age I own mostly income stocks, but the growth stocks I have have been great. No complaints.

It'll be very interesting to see how this shakes out the next few years.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39285 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
1) Enjoy the ride, there's nothing wrong with that.
2) Trailing stop-loss.
3) Hindenburg Omen.
4) Pay down debt rather than spending (or getting more debt) with your gains!

Posts: 9752 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
I bought Nvidia almost 2 years when it somewhat bottomed in the low 130's. Only regret is that I didn't have more cash on hand to buy a larger position (and I would have).

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomV:
I bought Nvidia almost 2 years when it somewhat bottomed in the low 130's. Only regret is that I didn't have more cash on hand to buy a larger position (and I would have).

Isn't it always like that? If a stock pays off, "why didn't I buy more?" If it goes down, "why did I buy so much?"

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20075 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
I bought a few shares a year ago and it's tripled. I wish I had bought 100x more!

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1951 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess no one expects anything to happen to Taiwan.
Nvidia is now the entire stock market

Posts: 1481 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:
I guess no one expects anything to happen to Taiwan.
Nvidia is now the entire stock market

That is definitely something to think about. Might be part of the grand plan.

Although they do have other facilities.

"Nvidia chips are made in the USA, Taiwan, and South Korea. The advanced chips are designed in the United States and then manufactured by partners in Taiwan and South Korea. Nvidia also has facilities in Ireland, Israel, and Germany, alongside assembly and packaging facilities worldwide."

Posts: 3789 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Years ago, I was in on the IPO of Nvidia. Got out at a nice profit, but coulda, woulda, shoulda held on a little longer...

Posts: 1369 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NVIDIA - Bought, sold. Bought sold. For the life of me don't know why I just didn't hold. Answer: Greed. Bought it again earlier this year and just going to hold.

In the meantime, I've sold the blood sucking tick ETF (ARKK). I'll have several years of loss write off thanks to Cathie's genius. If I had just put that same amount into VOO. Oh well...

Posts: 1480 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2PAK:
NVIDIA - Bought, sold. Bought sold. For the life of me don't know why I just didn't hold. Answer: Greed. Bought it again earlier this year and just going to hold.

I've bought and sold NVDA numerous times in the last 6 years. Never hurts to take a profit. That being said, I am holding my post split shares now (I bought about a month before the last quarterly report).

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8657 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Stock is back down, I am going to take advantage of it.