SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Seattle gun tax failure
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seattle gun tax failure Login/Join 
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Picked up a LCP Custom and surplus Beretta 71 from Precise Shooter, nice people fond of the CZ452. Never bought a firearm from Outdoor Emporium, quite a bit of fishing equipment though. Seattle is falling apart. The people in charge are hell bent on destroying it's transportation and infrastructure, while luring every degenerate druggie and social strain in the country to soak up taxpayer money. As a child we lived close enough to hear the elephants and lions making noise at the zoo, and the city was a nice place. They wanted to bus my brother into the poor (black) schools for some sort of diversity bs and my folks moved. It's been downhill ever since.

Posts: 10040 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
I tried to find that actual number. One contact said $74,000. Officially, the revenue has come form one or two stores. The city doesn't want the identity of the stores to come out.

It gets better. Seattle just passed a tax on soft drinks. As in 1.75 cents per ounce, which means the tax would be about $1.18 for a 2-liter bottle of soda.The tax is expected to raise about $15 million per year. Another estimate is 16 million per year. The mayor now says it would raise $23 million per year, most of which would be spent on programs that help low-income and vulnerable children. Those would include before- and after-school programs, summer learning programs, Seattle Colleges scholarships and early learning programs.

Somehow the lesson of the ammunition tax has been lost. The interesting thing is that the tax is designed to reduce consumption. So what happens to funding all the programs when that happens?

Those hurt will be lower paid employees as stores that sell soft drinks cut costs. Then those that are poor or don't own cares will suffer. As with the ammunition tax. Most people will drive outside the city limits to by soft drinks. Might as well buy groceries there too. The poor likely won't be able to take public transit and stock up with a weeks groceries.

This time next year the city will no doubt be dodging releasing the tax revenue received.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6065 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Seattle is like the official incubator for tax looney's. I'm glad I live north of the city.

Posts: 5083 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I love Outdoor Emporium. I have bought several guns there, and lots of fishing and camping gear over the years. They had a great deal on 10mm ammo a few weeks ago. Truly a great store, and the employees are very knowledgable and friendly.

Posts: 3260 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Picked up a LCP Custom and surplus Beretta 71 from Precise Shooter, nice people fond of the CZ452. Never bought a firearm from Outdoor Emporium, quite a bit of fishing equipment though. Seattle is falling apart. The people in charge are hell bent on destroying it's transportation and infrastructure, while luring every degenerate druggie and social strain in the country to soak up taxpayer money. As a child we lived close enough to hear the elephants and lions making noise at the zoo, and the city was a nice place. They wanted to bus my brother into the poor (black) schools for some sort of diversity bs and my folks moved. It's been downhill ever since.

Precise Shooter is another great shop. I bought an Anschutz from them right before they moved north to escape the new taxes. They have some really nice rifles there.

Posts: 3260 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
I'm moving south into the next county in July. It isn't far enough but at least I'm out of King County.
Not far enough away to escape the sound transit tax on our vehicle license tabs unfortunately.
This state will tax us to death.

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post