Find
Notify
Tools

"honey trap" Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Tentacles cost extra

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15903 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I assume sexpionage agents take courses on sexual technique. I'd rather be a trainer or a training aid than a mark. I'll also assume some targets know how to play the spies to get what they want without giving up anything. Some targets must be amused when the first contacts are made. It is likely so obvious. If suddenly you are getting advances from babes hotter than you've ever gotten, red flag! Swallowwell isn't that smart though. As alluded above, he thought it was due to his brains and good looks.

Posts: 7461 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
It's my 1st Asian

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7905 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:
Thanks. Interesting to hear that.

To add to all that, I was focusing on the blackmail type of “trap,” but in the history of espionage there have been many more women spies who were successful by using sex and infatuation in the old, traditional ways to elicit cooperation from their targets rather than coercion though the threat of exposure. The most famous example was Mata Hari, but there have been many others. The targets in those cases were usually exploited unwittingly, either by being indiscreet with what they discussed with their lovers or in some instances carelessly allowing them access to sensitive documents and materials. Security of classified documents tended to be much more lax at one time, for example in the early 20th century, than in later years after security measures were tightened up by most countries.

The most recent example I am aware of that involved eliciting cooperation through sex and, presumably, personal relationship was the case of Marine Sergeant Clayton Lonetree who was suborned by a woman Soviet KGB agent. Again, though, despite having read a large pile of books and a few other sources on espionage operations by both the US and foreign powers, I don’t recall any that were conducted by the US that involved “sexpionage.”

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post