SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Church etiquette
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Church etiquette Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by Herkdriver:
quote:
Originally posted by Fundman:
I have never been to a Christian church serve were the Apostles' Creed was not recited. It is the fundamental statement of what Christians believe.

You have never been to a Southern Baptist service, have you? No way we are going to profess belief in the Catholic church. Smile

My mom’s side of the family was all Southern Baptist and I spent a lot of time in their church. I felt more welcome there than I have any Catholic Church, and so I don’t feel correct in saying “We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church” so I don’t say it. Maybe I deserved to be doxxed and excommunicated. Roll Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
quote:
Originally posted by Herkdriver:
quote:
Originally posted by Fundman:
I have never been to a Christian church serve were the Apostles' Creed was not recited. It is the fundamental statement of what Christians believe.

You have never been to a Southern Baptist service, have you? No way we are going to profess belief in the Catholic church. Smile

That’s small “c” catholic, as in universal, in the Apostle’s or Nicene Creed; not big “C” Catholic, as in Roman Catholic Church.

As our recently departed friend Jim Allen told me on more than one occasion: “A distinction without a difference.”

Except it isn't. It is a real difference.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53120 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post