SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Walk-up intro music in golf? Yes, at the Zurich Classic!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walk-up intro music in golf? Yes, at the Zurich Classic! Login/Join 
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted
Story

“The 2018 Zurich Classic of New Orleans will mark the first time that a PGA Tour event will feature walk-up music, with each of the two-man teams getting a song to choose.

But there is a catch. The first-tee walk-up music will only be played during the weekend, so the teams that make the cut will get to put their walk-up song to use. For those who don’t survive the cut, they will have to lament what could’ve been.“

Walk-up music? What’s next? Maybe a WWF style announcer as the golfers emerge from a tunnel filled with smoke, pillars of fire on either side. Oh, and an entourage.

This is not a new thing in the golf long drive circuits. I’m a little bit surprised that it will be part of the weekend at a PGA TOUR event.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
No. Just...no.

Posts: 20608 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Yes, next year, capes and fireworks ala WWE.....

Grudge matches, golf cart Cages of Death!
Maybe some caddie side fights....

Why must everything be treated as such? Do we really have to take everything to the level of white trash duking it out on the front lawn at the trailer park?
I watched this happen with “Monster Trucks” (yes, it really was just guys and their trucks at one point)
And NASCAR.
I’ve even seen some of it trickle into MotoGP (even with its supposedly more civilized European majority).

Posts: 6346 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/V92OBNsQgxU

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32053 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Queen's Fat Bottom Girls would be my choice

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Can we please get full contact as well or release a couple prides of under fed lions.......you know, to keep everyone on their toes.

<announcer> Tiger lines up to putt, what a beautiful round....this is for eagle.........HOLY SHIT! His caddy should have been watching better, he really was spry the way he dropped that bag....., there will be a slight delay so the lions can finish tiger

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Gimme Some Money by Spinal Tap

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9183 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very appropriate for my City. There’s music with everything

I’d like to see a “second line” for the #2 placing person

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6302 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post