SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Attaboy: Leatherman Customer Service
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Attaboy: Leatherman Customer Service Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
2-3 weeks ago, I was rummaging around in the tool shed and came across an old Leatherman tool. Don't really know where the heck it came from, the two I bought are accounted for.

It was a real beater with loose joints and a snapped off knife blade.

I more-or-less knew Leatherman had a 100% no questions asked guarantee, so I went to their website and did a return authorization, printed out the forms and mailing label and sent it in.

Today I got a NEW Leatherman Wave with a pouch in the mail with a nice note saying "We no longer carry the model you sent in, so here's a new one from the same line for you to enjoy."

Sweet...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15489 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
I have had two tools break on me and both times the customer service was top notch. I have to send in my Rebar soon as I broke the can opener tip off....again.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 4859,

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
great experience with both a flash light and a Wave tool

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55177 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
That's awesome and good to know.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16450 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing.

That is fantastic CS.

The Wave is my favorite Leatherman.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36897 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
They are great tools.

I have an original "Super Tool", and an older "Wave" from when they first came out. I have never had trouble with either one.

I used to carry one or the other everyday before I retired.

Now I carry a pistol, spare mag, flashlight, and a knife everyday and find I have no room left for a Leatherman, unless I start wearing a "Batbelt". Wink

Posts: 13715 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I will keep looking for old broken ones to send in for new ones then sell them.

Not a penny from my pocket for a new one from the outspoken John Kerry supporter.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3604 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
I will keep looking for old broken ones to send in for new ones then sell them.

Blackmore: Personal opinion, but that seems really shady. It is behavior like that that causes companies with great warranties (see REI) to modify them. When I used to work at Sears I would see the same guys come in every month with old/damaged Craftsman tools and get the free exchange. We all knew they were buying these shit tools at Garage Sales, and then exchanging them at our store so that they could then sell them on the internet.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12403 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
Not a penny from my pocket for a new one from the outspoken John Kerry supporter.

Great political shoehorn. Roll Eyes

Posts: 3580 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post