SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Man with concealed carry permit shoots 3 teens on SEPTA bus in Northeast Philadelphia
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man with concealed carry permit shoots 3 teens on SEPTA bus in Northeast Philadelphia Login/Join 
half-genius,
half-wit
posted
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...IroM?ocid=spartanntp

Seems like looking at the buscam will tell the rest of the story, but at the moment it seems like a good controlled shoot - at least, the three young men will get to walk into court.

Eventually.

Posts: 11324 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Unfortunate they are breathing and walking at all, and already posted here..................
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...220030964#3220030964

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4578 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
Unfortunate they are breathing and walking at all, and already posted here
Yes it is indeed. I referenced the bus shooting within the Florida home invasion shooting only to illustrate that the thugs are getting restless. I've been saying for a while that situations of opportunity are not presenting themselves as readily as pre-cv.

The Philly shooting seems a little unusual in that it happened in self-defense on a city bus. Somewhat Goetezian, don't'cha think?

On December 22, 1984, four African-American men (Barry Allen, Troy Canty, Darrell Cabey, and James Ramseur) were shot and wounded by a white man (Bernhard Goetz), after they asked for $5 on a New York City Subway train in Manhattan. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...City_Subway_shooting

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Goetezian

what the fuck were the teens doing out at 1 am

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:
Goetezian

Quite possibly looking to do a Strong Arm Robbery on someone. Hopefully the shooter in this case wont get crucified.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Goetezian

Philadelphia yutes? They're on duty 7x24 to commit crime. That city is a complete craphole.

Posts: 215 | Location: Western PA | Registered: March 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
quote:
quote:
Goetezian

Quite possibly looking to do a Strong Arm Robbery on someone. Hopefully the shooter in this case wont get crucified.

Bernie Goetz comes to mind and now things are much more PC.
For one, if he intentionally shot them in the leg, that shows he didn't see them as a threat to his life. Philadelphia is not like the rest of Pennsylvania.

Posts: 9514 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Proof of the adage:

One with nine beats three on one.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
I am willing to wager the 24-yr-old who shot in self-defense is African-American.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10706 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^..and an uninjured and still breathing one as well:-)

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Yutes

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Goetezian

Looking for a church to volunteer their spare time to?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
I am willing to wager the 24-yr-old who shot in self-defense is African-American.

Not in Northeast Philly. That’s a predominantly white area of the city, where my mother grew up.

Posts: 33812 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Goetezian

Midnight basketball?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Nah. They just left the YMCA bingo parlor.

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

Not in Northeast Philly. That’s a predominantly white area of the city, where my mother grew up.
I believe his point was that you can be pretty sure the color of the shooter would have been the headline, had he been white. Maybe I'm wrong.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

I believe his point was that you can be pretty sure the color of the shooter would have been the headline, had he been white. Maybe I'm wrong.

What if the yutes were white?

Only 3 spent shell casings? There were 4 wounds.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

Only 3 spent shell casings? There were 4 wounds.

flashguy

^^^^
He was shooting a 10mm! Wink

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Bad shot placement!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The first thing I see when I look at this is all the guys/gals that carry a 5 shot with no reload and hope for the best.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post