SIGforum
Senior lifetime national park passes going up in August

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/3140034424

August 23, 2017, 06:04 PM
JALLEN
Senior lifetime national park passes going up in August
We got one for my wife last week. D/L and $10, no waiting. Easy.

Better get cracking.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown
August 23, 2017, 06:06 PM
trapper189
For those of us less experienced in life, if you have a fourth grade student you can get into the national parks for free.

Family free with a fourth grade student.
August 23, 2017, 09:28 PM
flashguy
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
Evidently it is common for people to break into vehicles to take the lifetime pass hang tag.
Why? NPS always asks for a photo ID along with the pass when you go through a Park gate. Never saw a "hang tag" either; are we talking about the same thing?
My pass came a few days ago, but there was no hang tag with it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
August 29, 2017, 04:03 PM
deepocean
FYI I spoke with a local BLM office and was told the price for the pass went up to $80 yesterday.

Evidently the date was August 28th, not August 31st as reported.
August 29, 2017, 04:08 PM
Jim Shugart
I got mine a couple of weeks ago with a receipt printed by a dot matrix printer on green-bar paper -- tractor-drive feed holes and all.

WTF! Thought it was a time warp back to the 90's. No wonder those fuckers are so far behind.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw
August 29, 2017, 04:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
I got mine a couple of weeks ago with a receipt printed by a dot matrix printer on green-bar paper -- tractor-drive feed holes and all.

WTF! Thought it was a time warp back to the 90's. No wonder those fuckers are so far behind.

Not for long....$80 passes can buy a lot of equipment. Some are still riding a horse to work. Big Grin

August 29, 2017, 04:49 PM
rtquig
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
Evidently it is common for people to break into vehicles to take the lifetime pass hang tag.
Why? NPS always asks for a photo ID along with the pass when you go through a Park gate. Never saw a "hang tag" either; are we talking about the same thing?
My pass came a few days ago, but there was no hang tag with it.

flashguy

Same here, I called and they told me I can get one when I go to any of the Parks.

Living the Dream