SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Retro Bike Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Retro Bike Question Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted
I have an old (late '70s early '80's) Fuji Sport 10 bike with a lugged, Hi-Tension frame. It has a number of non-Fuji components on it, and shows typical wear but is otherwise rideable and fully restorable. S/N is 77L04407 if that helps anyone.

Does anyone know if it has any value whatsoever or is this a straight donation to goodwill bike?

TBG is on a cleaning kick, and I have to get it out of the garage.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12783 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's not a throwaway in my opinion, but not a particularly high quality bike either based on that tubing spec. If it had been Reynolds 531 or similar, then it would be worth a few hundred bucks at least and worth fixing up. What brand are the components? That's usually another factor in determining the quality of a bike. Campagnolo or some of the higher levels of Shimano usually equate to a better bike.

Posts: 2486 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
It's got mostly Suntour on it, with Schwinn alloy bars and a French alloy crank.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12783 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Man, that looks like bikes I had in the late '70s and '80s. Even down to the cage toe clips.

I don't really know if it has any value, but I would doubt it.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd take it if you're getting rid of it. I love older bikes. I am in Naples so if you're not too far, I can pick it up

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
DJ, I'm near Groveland. About 180 miles for you. If you want it, it's yours.

In addition, if you want to get your shoot on, I have a range in my back yard.

A

california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
i see a lot of craigslist sales on bikeforums: search result.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I have that exact same bike in metallic green. Bought it in '75.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16525 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
[drift] what does TBG mean?[/drift]

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11293 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Artie,

Are you around Monday? We are up in Orlando this weekend to do some sightseeing. Will that work for you? Let me know if you can't see my email in my profile.

Thanks Dan

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:

The Beautiful Girl - I.e., the significant other.

DJ -

I'm here all day Saturday and Sunday. My partner Debbie is here on Monday, but I will be out.

It's yours if you want it.

I will also respond to your email.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I too, have an older bike that you are welcome to. I am clearing out my hangar, trying to prepare to sell my business.

You said that you are in the Orlando area this weekend. I am at the Orlando-Apopka airport, a minute or three (depending on the two traffic lights that you would encounter) from Exit 34 of the 429 Toll Road.

I could meet you there Saturday (today) or Sunday, and I plan to work there for a short while on Monday before going to the gun club to shoot, where you are also welcome to join us.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30701 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:

The Beautiful Girl - I.e., the significant other.

DJ -

Hahaha I was thinking token black girl- woman that I used to work with used to call herself that. She did it to completely aggravate the staff. Worked perfectly.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11293 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I worked in a Fuji & Gitane shop in the early 70's. IMO, the S10 was one of the nicest bikes of the time. IIRC, we had models wth different levels of components, Suntour & Shimano.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5483 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
If that has 27 inch wheels it won't be worth more than $75.00 as finding tires for that size is almost impossible.

If it has the 700r wheels which started coming out in the mid 80s it will be worth more.

My old steel Centurion has the 27 inch wheels so I have to take it in and get the frame stretched to accept the 700R wheels and also will have to find brake calipers that are very long to make the conversion to wheel size.

With 700R wheels one can do some upgrades to the shifters, rear cassette (gears) to make this a wonderful ride.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To the right person at the right time it is worth $$$ that they are willing to pay. Look on EBAY for the same or similar and then post yours to see if you get any bites. I love the what is now considered vintage mountain bikes from the 80's to 2000. God Bless !!! Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post