SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Movie Interstellar
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Movie Interstellar Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted
has anyone ever managed to watch all four hours in a single sitting?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53205 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
should be in liar section I would think.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19199 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
I see what you did there...

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12126 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
has anyone ever managed to watch all four hours in a single sitting?

Last time I watched it it was 2:49 long. Did yours have commercials?

Posts: 7076 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
It was good, but I like sci-fi....so there's that

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11293 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Yes

(Of course, I consider that short when compared with watching the entire run of the Lord of the Rings Extended Edition trilogy in one session each year. That's 11 hours and 24 minutes.)

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18025 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Saw it in the theater, so yes I watched whole thing. It wasn't anywhere near 4 hours long.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup, its a damn good movie. If you could find a 4 hour version I'd watch that too.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Saw it in theaters. Watched multiple times at home.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw it in theatres. Still have no idea what the hell happened.

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 973 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
2 hrs 49 min ...here we go

I enjoyed it

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
All the plants on the world die. Except corn, cuz, well, corn.

Some people went to other star systems looking for a new erf.

Bunch of almost science, you science that is fo' reelz like ear candles and an adult colon has 50 lbs of undigested red meat that has accumulated over your lifetime. That kind of science.

Anyway, some people die, and some people live and find out it was like some big time loop dimension hopping 1960s groovy space truckin' man.

And the sort of all live happily ever after, maybe, and some guy is eating poop potatoes somewere. Maybe...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43909 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
It's one of those science movies that I really enjoyed. It jives with my views on visualising higher dimensional life.

Posts: 45381 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
I have watched it, and will undoubtedly watch it again. The effects of time dilation are especially interesting to me.....ymmv

NRA Life

Posts: 1565 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JonDaddy82:
Saw it in theatres. Still have no idea what the hell happened.

The movie solved the mysteries of achievable long-distance space travel and poltergeists in one neat package.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
All the plants on the world die. Except corn, cuz, well, corn.

Some people went to other star systems looking for a new erf.

Bunch of almost science, you science that is fo' reelz like ear candles and an adult colon has 50 lbs of undigested red meat that has accumulated over your lifetime. That kind of science.

Anyway, some people die, and some people live and find out it was like some big time loop dimension hopping 1960s groovy space truckin' man.

And the sort of all live happily ever after, maybe, and some guy is eating poop potatoes somewere. Maybe...

you summed it up really well,

except you left out the slab looking (well, he kinda walked and unfolded like a leatherman without tools,,,) that was just a bit smart alecky,

just a bit

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10427 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
I watched it when it came to TV.
Probably won’t watch it again, and glad I didn’t pay $12.00 at the theater.

Posts: 3239 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's actually longer in the movie theater. Something like 1 hour for every 5 minutes of real time. Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I watched it on tv. It was long.

It made me sad. Like the color yellow.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
I really liked it. I'm as sci-fi junkie.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post