SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you attend church regularly?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you attend church regularly? Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted
By “church” I’m referring to a Christian place of worship away from your residence.
By “regularly” I mean that you attend at least once every week unless there is an unusual circumstance (emergency, illness, limited special event such as being on vacation) that makes it impossible as a practical matter to attend for a time or two.

On the other hand, it doesn’t have to be the main worship service to count as “church.” Regular participation in something like formal Bible study at a church would also qualify.

If you’re not a Christian and wish to respond, please indicate “no.”

Question:
Do you?

Choices:
Yes.
No.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
Haven't attended church since ours split many years ago. After the pastor died, the new guy and the church board came up with this crazy doctrine that once you accepted Christ as your savior, you just stopped sinning. Haven't been able to find a local church so far.

Posts: 711 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I'd like to refer to myself and family as regular church attending folks. It's easy to miss a Sunday service when sleeping "sounds" like the better thing to do. Lately since my back surgery I haven't been able to sit in the seats at our church, wifey and little girl still go.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 7001 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Yes.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes.
Saved 1989.
I have had issues with church and with crap in life. There was a time I stopped for a while.
I am a better person following Jesus.
Southern Baptist Church is my home church.

Posts: 787 | Registered: April 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Yes. There are some weeks I miss, but yes.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12648 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
No, afraid not. Nothing against those who do, just not for me. Although I could probably use it

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10730 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Yep, born of water and spirit.
I attend Pentecostal services twice a week as well as once a week for media bible study.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31427 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
nope

have no use for a church - even for funerals

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53206 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
I visit St. Mattress of the Springs every Sunday a.m. Smile

Been about 5 years since I regularly went to church. Averaging about twice a year.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
I responded "Yes", which is true if you count Mormons as Christians.

Some don't -- hangups regarding our rejection of the Nicene Creed. But we believe in Jesus Christ as our savior, and we think of ourselves as Christians.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
No.

I was raised Catholic, but I'm no longer a believer.

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
I'm not Christian, I'm neo-pagan, so no... by your definition.

quote:
hangups regarding our rejection of the Nicene Creed.

I think you have to admit there are a few more differences than that... but you're closer than me.

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Funny you should post this. I'm not trying to hijack your thread, but I was thinking of posting a thread asking for what to buy to help me learn and understand the Bible and Gods will. What are good study guides and materials? I hope this makes sense. Thank you.

Posts: 11859 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Yep, 3 hours every Sunday. I teach Sunday School to the 14-15 year olds for one of those hours.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4931 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Yep, Just about every week. We probably miss a couple Sundays a year because of travel and miss Sunday or two otherwise.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4235 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Funny you should post this. I'm not trying to hijack your thread, but I was thinking of posting a thread asking for what to buy to help me learn and understand the Bible and Gods will. What are good study guides and materials? I hope this makes sense. Thank you.

OKCGene, we found it best to start by joining bible study groups, then learning from those spiritually more mature folks what they use. I disagree with my leftist brother about a lot of things, but he was right that Christianity is really best found belonging in a congregation where you feel comfortable.

Posts: 18087 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
quote:

OKCGene, we found it best to start by joining bible study groups, then learning from those spiritually more mature folks what they use. I disagree with my leftist brother about a lot of things, but he was right that Christianity is really best found belonging in a congregation where you feel comfortable.
I would highly recommend Hank Hanegraaff (The Bible Answer Man) and The Christian Research Institute (CRI) equip.org.

More Than a Carpenter is a good inexpensive book.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. Every Sunday and Wednesday.

------------------------------
I'm a right wing, anti-illegal, pro-life, gun owning, straight, white, college educated, politically informed, conservative, Christian male. Liberals hate me.

Posts: 2901 | Location: RDU, NC | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dwood4
posted Hide Post
quote:

OKCGene. There are a bunch of study guides and materials that help us understand His word. I hear a lot of people who are confused by scripture and the Bible. But if we remember Christ own words from Matthew 22:37, all of the Bible is easy to understand. Matthew 22:37 and following says: "Jesus replied, Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."
This really helped me understand all of the Bible. When you look at any part of the Word and use Christ words here to help you interpret, it becomes pretty easy. The problem is, many times us humans inject our own thoughts and opinions and muddy the picture. He wants us to love Him above all else, and next He wants us to love each other. Pretty simple.
How much better would our world be if all people actually did this? But He loved us enough to send His only son as a sacrifice for all of us. And He is a perfect God and perfection is His standard. So I am screwed. But because of Jesus, His perfect son, Even the guys like me who have screwed up a lot, can be seen as perfect in His sight and be redeemed. That is the "Good News".

Posts: 543 | Registered: November 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post