SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Question to hot tub owners
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question to hot tub owners Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My 2 best days owning a hot tub was the day I got it and the day I got rid of it.

Posts: 937 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
We own a hot tub. My neighbor swears we do, anyway, but I’ve never seen it. The previous owner decided he was better off burying it. He ordered a truckload of sand and had them fill it up and covered the surrounding area and built a terraced garden over the top of it. My wife likes having the garden space. I’ve been tempted to try digging it out a few times, but I can’t seem to get beyond merely wondering what’s down there and whether it would be worth it. Probably not.

Anyways, that what the previous owner of my home thought of having a hot tub, for whatever it’s worth. Hopefully at least a laugh.

Posts: 17220 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one. It's great on aching muscles. I try to remember to pop chlorine tabs in the floater now and then and just balance a day or so before using it. Not too hard once you get it up and running and read/watch some vids on it. I suppose the true test will be if we get another one if this poops the bed. The best home decision is a heat pump/ac but I do enjoy my hot tub and the family and friends do as well.

PS. Tell the kids they have to pee before they get in and watch the temp and time if you have kids in it.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have a inflatable hot tub made by Coleman....yes inflatable. Bought it last spring during COVID. Bought the Frogg clorine system. Works great. Had no issues at all last year. Already have it set up and been using it with no issues.

Nick
nick_mur

Posts: 98 | Location: Peoria IL | Registered: December 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Protect Your Nuts
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

Anyways, that what the previous owner of my home thought of having a hot tub, for whatever it’s worth. Hopefully at least a laugh.

That’s hysterical. I wasn’t going to introduce this because I do want to see if this current hot tub is worth keeping, but this actually is the 2nd time I’ve owned a hot tub while never intending to own a hot tub. The first was when we bought our present house. It had a hot tub- in the basement.

Like, full size outdoor hot tub totally indoors in basically the middle of the basement in a nook with cabinets and a wine rack built into it. It wasn’t filled, was 10 years old and no water source near it. Our kids were little then so the wife ordered me to remove it.

It was framed in so well it took me an entire day to cut it all out. Once I got down to the wood frame I thought I could bust it out with a sledge- 3 full on swings later and it just laughed at me. Turned out the 2x4 frame was triple capped and had concrete anchors every 6inches. I don’t think I’ve ever cursed so much in my life tearing that damn thing out. It took 6 of us to then lift and orient it sideways to get it out the basement door. Upon tilting, the supposedly empty hot tub ejected around 5 gallons of liquid horribleness from somewhere within the bowels of the thing onto me and the carpet. Eventually we got the damn thing out of there and onto a flat bed destined to go to my friends house (it was a free hot tub- come get it type deal).

So... I get why the previous owner just buried it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"deserves" ain't got nothin to do with it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 2696 | Location: VA, mostly | Registered: June 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Whisp:

That sounds like a nightmare!

Yeah, it makes sense to me. I asked the neighbor why he just buried it instead of removing it. I think the best he could offer was a shrug and something along the lines of "you got any idea what a pain in the ass it would be?"

Posts: 17220 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
I've heard saunas are actually very good for health

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1311 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
We have one, and I worked in the pool/spa industry when I was in school.

Clean your filter at least once a month, run the filter at least two hours a day, and add chlorine every few days.

Enjoy and repeat. Change the water every 3 or 4 months as needed.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok
Where in WV?
Honestly, ht maintenance is not a biggie.
I live in the mRNA of WV have had one for 20+ years.
For me, worth the time

Posts: 616 | Location: West By God VA | Registered: July 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ASKSmith:

Clean your filter at least once a month, run the filter at least two hours a day, and add chlorine every few days.

^^^^^^^^^ Exactly. Best advice given in this thread.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19251 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Whisp:

That sounds like a nightmare!

Yeah, it makes sense to me. I asked the neighbor why he just buried it instead of removing it. I think the best he could offer was a shrug and something along the lines of "you got any idea what a pain in the ass it would be?"

In-ground? If so it actually makes perfect sense. When we [old employer, real estate investment company] got houses with in-ground pools what we did was jackhammer the bottom of the deep end so the water could drain, then backfill with dirt and resod the back yard. So much cheaper and simpler than trying to remove all the concrete.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3355 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
In-ground?

Yep. Your post makes perfect sense to me. I had just ever heard or or encountered such a thing. As a way to solve the problem, it sure sounds easier than any other way if you’re sure you don’t want the hot tub or pool anymore.

I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
In-ground?

Yep. Your post makes perfect sense to me. I had just ever heard or or encountered such a thing. As a way to solve the problem, it sure sounds easier than any other way if you’re sure you don’t want the hot tub or pool anymore.

I used to be one of the group that provided communications and security for Christmas In April.

One year I was assigned to a house with an in ground pool. We filled it in with junk from the house, then pea gravel, then dirt.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ASKSmith:

This is really how easy it is. I thought it would be a nightmare when the wife brought it home, but it really was this simple, for the most part. Not a big deal...

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
No one has mentioned ozonators. We had one and it at least reduced the amount of bromine needed.

Posts: 18090 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post