posted

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I don't understand how Pastrana even gets up in the morning. He's so physically damaged, it's mind-boggling to see him functioning at this level.

That helicopter pilot is amazing.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18027 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
never seen any of that but that is one jacked subie.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19229 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I don't understand how Pastrana even gets up in the morning. He's so physically damaged, it's mind-boggling to see him functioning at this level.

That helicopter pilot is amazing.

He’s going to be real fucked up if he lives to old age. He knows it too.

Pretty uninspiring. Subaru doesn’t even make a turbo hatch anymore. Just that body cladded sedan, and no STi. Ironic they used an old hatch and it has balls. Last time we had that in NA was 2014.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12650 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I like all the Gymkhana videos. This one didn’t disappoint.

That said, the very first Gymkhana in the Crawford Hawkeye STI is by far my favorite.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4030 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Hell yeah brother!

I wonder how many times it took to get the drag race with Cleetus figured out so he came by right at the end.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3519 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
The Pastrana's video over the top. I almost can't believe he is still alive. I saw him race motocross a couple times many years ago.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
Also a big fan. I hope he stays healthy enough to keep making them for a while. Loved the shots in South FLA - wish i knew he was here i would've snuck out to watch.

Posts: 1633 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
He does a great job with his videos, I wonder how much time is scouting the area, doing a course layout, and the practice runs to get the video.

Posts: 23574 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Road & Track article: The Big Problem With the New Gymkhana

TLDR: Travis Okulski is upset we can't see Pastrana's eyes during the video. Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13519 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This just popped up on the YouTube homepage for me. Holy shit. I used to be a huge fan of Ken Block's videos, and WRC racing and cars in general. All of it fell off my radar more than six years ago. I am glad to see some folks on SF are into it. That jump over the bridge, after pacing the jet, was insane. The helicopter jump was weak sauce, compared to that first jump. (My opinion as a viewer who knows nothing about jumping a car through the air)

Posts: 2196 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
upset we can't see Pastrana's eyes during the video

Oddly, I agree with the sentiment. I looked up the preceding video, after discovering the 2022 one. I noticed and appreciated his facial expressions through the course. Genuine fear at times. I like the stunts in the 2022 video better though.

Posts: 2196 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post