SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Large Scale RC Model SR71
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Large Scale RC Model SR71 Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted

Posts: 53188 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s super cool. Can you imagine how nervous you would be taking that out for the first time after spending 10 years building it.

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hell I've had my Mavic Pro for a year now, and admittedly, don't fly it as much as I want, and it still makes me damn nervous.

It doesn't weigh enough to do much damage if something goes wrong, but it's price pales to that monster!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
That was pretty amazing.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15584 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Here's a better video than the one in the article. Very impressive indeed.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
That was cool - thanks for sharing that.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6694 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
That was cool.

Got to see a Blackbird up close once. Can't imagine the true potential of such a thing.

Posts: 9156 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
we have one here in Tucson - you can get up close and touch the thing, poke around in the wheel wells...its an amazing aircraft

thanks for the second video

Posts: 53188 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
Just read the whole build blog. That is amazing.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Way cool. Looks cool, sounds cool. Must have taken countless hours to build.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Wow!

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
That was cool.

Got to see a Blackbird up close once. Can't imagine the true potential of such a thing.
I've seen a couple of them. There's one in the USAF museum at Dayton, Ohio and another at Randolph AFB, Texas. Both are accessible.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Nice Skyraider at the end as well.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16357 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Awesome

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Too cool, the chute at the end was a nice tough.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7508 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Absolutely amazing.

Posts: 10953 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
That is totaly awesome !!!

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5297 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I’ve seen the one in Dayton, Ohio at the National Museum of the USAF. Awesome piece of machinery is an understatement. Everyone should add that museum to their bucket list.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
I read an article about this in a model aviation magazine right after he finished it. The engines cost $5,000 each.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Very cool.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post