SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The cake lady asked what we were planning for her 16th birthday…
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The cake lady asked what we were planning for her 16th birthday… Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted

I sayin’ this was once in a lifetime.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
You sentenced her to a trip to NYC? You are terrible parents.

But seriously, she seemed to enjoy herself, good on you guys!!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Cheers. She is a cutie. Looks like fun.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
She does look happy; I almost wish I had gone, but I’ve been to NYC twice. My wife and sister-in-law took her.

My daughter was excited, the actor in Beetlejuice had a concussion on Christmas Eve and no one knew if he would be back. The weekend my daughter was there was the last performances for the show and he was back for the first time since the concussion for the performance my daughter was at.

She saw Hamilton as well, met the cast afterwards and got her playbill signed.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I know what I like
I like what I know
Picture of Mark in Michigan
posted Hide Post
It looks like she had a great time! Happy Birthday to her.

A few years my wife and I took our 2 granddaughters to NYC. It looks like the only difference is, we saw Wicked. Big Grin

Best regards,
Mark in Michigan

Posts: 499 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
She's a beautiful girl, trapper. You must be proud.

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That's a birthday present she'll never forget. Happy kid!

When I was 18, I went with my girlfriend's family to NYC. We saw Wicked and had dinner at a fancy restaurant. Memorable trip.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Congrats on her Birthday!

Of course you know we have a unique Sigforum cake for special occasions Big Grin

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Nicely done!

Looks like a wonderful trip.

So, what is next?

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
More thankful than proud. My parents used to tell me they wished my kids would be just like me. I thank God everyday that didn't happen.

But I am proud too. Her lowest grade was a B+ 3rd quarter of the 4th grade in Handwriting. I had actually forgotten about it, but I had to give a copy of her transcripts to another school and that B+ kind of sticks out.

Tomorrow, I get to take her to the DMV. Eek