SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Most unique item you have sold/purchased in Sig Forum's classifieds?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Most unique item you have sold/purchased in Sig Forum's classifieds? Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
A thread in the office got me thinking, what is the most unique item that you have either sold or purchased in this site's classifieds?

Two that stick out to me are the submarine hatch ( wonder if he ever sold that thing) and a VERY rare AR type rifle that was (as I recall) temporarily put on lockdown while the debate about its actual rareness was determined.

Bonus points for pics and prices if you are willing!

Please do not....post pics of items you "might" sell or anything like that. That would put this thread into the "how much should I ask for this?" category and surely get it locked -

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12404 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Two that stick out to me are the submarine hatch ( wonder if he ever sold that thing) and a VERY rare AR type rifle that was (as I recall) temporarily put on lockdown while the debate about its actual rareness was determined.

Bonus points for pics!

I sold an unfired P210-6, new with box, papers, etc. to a member on here years ago.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6039 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
A few come to mind, a .22 pen gun, a Wenger Swiss Army Knife made for the Sig 550 series rifles, two Victorinox bayonets for Swiss rifles. Also, I was gifted a OD colored Swiss set of Peltor type hearing protectors with the Swiss cross.

quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:

Posts: 6039 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I bought a nice all-matching 1918 RSAF Enfield No. 1 Mk. III SMLE from member "qasoswat" a few years ago. Got a good deal on it too. ($200)

Second from the top, in this photo:

Not really all that unique in the grand scheme of things, but surplus rifles aren't sold here all that often. (Though you do see a few from time to time, since there are at least a couple other milsurp nerds like me on here! Wink)

Posts: 33040 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I bought a nice all-matching 1918 RSAF Enfield No. 1 Mk. III SMLE from member "qasoswat" a few years ago. Got a good deal on it too. ($200)

Second from the top, in this photo:

Not really all that unique in the grand scheme of things, but surplus rifles aren't sold here all that often. (Though you do see a few from time to time, since there are at least a couple other milsurp nerds like me on here! Wink)

I'll give you $220 for it. I have wanted one for years.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53238 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I bought a fairly uncommon FAL rifle in the Classifieds a few years back. It was a Springfield SAR 48 built by Imbel, with a factory 18 inch barrel. I enjoyed it for a couple of years before passing it on to another FAL enthusiast. It was the last thing I expected to find here on the forum.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10532 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
It wasn't the classifieds section but I got both of these from Sigforum members and because of a thread I started.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21221 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
It was a Springfield SAR 48 built by Imbel, with a factory 18 inch barrel.

I would love to find one of those to go with my 5.56mm SAR4800.

Posts: 10040 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The most unique item I got from the classifieds is a Sig Pro 2009 BMS. It's not super hard to find a manual safety Sig Pro but it is somewhat unique.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21221 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post

Sure do miss that car. Should have never sold it. Probably would still have it if it were not a convertible.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25674 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I sold a 40" TRW tap handle to a Member. I think Jeff Yarchin sold a Porche in the Classifieds.

Posts: 17984 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post