SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Legendary Coach, Bobby Bowden passed away this morning at age 91…
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Legendary Coach, Bobby Bowden passed away this morning at age 91… Login/Join 
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted
While everyone knows of his accomplishments on the football field, here’s a nice little story that describes the man.

https://www.al.com/alabamafoot...ably-well-lived.html

Indeed, a life well lived.

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Damn.

I was just in Tallahassee and talking about him with my family.

Having gone to HS in Tallahassee and two years of grad school there as well, the legendary teams that Bobby put together on the field and the success that they enjoyed are an important part of my teen and early adult years.

Rest in Peace, Bobby and "Scalp 'em!"

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Several years ago I had an opportunity to meet him and his wife in a small setting and got to speak with him for a while. A genuinely nice person who accomplished some great things. I'll always remember that meeting. May he rest in peace and may god be with his family.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I liked him

Posts: 13259 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
So who's going to set up three days off first, Florida out of mourning or Alabama out of respect?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^ I did too. From all I had heard, he was a good Christian man. RIP Coach Bowden.

Posts: 796 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
I don't know how accurate the scene was in We Are Marshall but he seemed like a pretty decent guy.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP Coach. Prayers for the Bowden family also. Much respect, with you,we Nebraskans enjoyed some great games! Thanks again Coach Bowden.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
I met him a few times while attending college at FSU. Really nice gentleman. RIP and thanks for some great football.

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
His famous philosophy:

“Sixty-five to 70 percent of my boys did not have a daddy at home,” Bowden said in the interview. “They’re raised by mommas. Sweet old mommas. Thank God for them mommas, or grandmommas. Many times it was grandmomma. Or big sister, or aunt. But where’s the man?

“A boy needs a male figure, and the girls do, too. Somebody to discipline them and make them be a man. I used to kid about this, they grew up wanting to be like their momma. They want to be a man like their momma, that’s the way they were raised. That’s why they wear earrings.”

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post