SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    One of those life moments
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One of those life moments Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Had one of those life moments today. Enjoying the best dark chocolate orange gelato standing in the shade of the colonnade around St. Peter's Square in Rome with my wife and daughter.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11884 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Lucky you! Enjoy that pizza and wine as well. Pictures are necessary...

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7149 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
very cool. I'm envious.

Hope you also manage to have a glass of wine at the Piazza Navona, a coffee near the Pantheon (Cafe Sant'Eustachio is most famous) and take them for a bike ride in the park around the Villa Borghese.

Oh, and see if you can find someone to sell you a selfie stick... Wink

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Very cool! Sounds like heaven Smile

It's so nice to be able to appreciate the moment.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5499 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Commendatori!

Posts: 7392 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm currently sitting on the toilet in the hull of a stinky, noisy ship...

Frown

You win.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30900 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
So what are the weapon laws like out there? Concealed bows, or no?

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16312 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
So what are the weapon laws like out there? Concealed bows, or no?

-Rob

Swiss guard uses halberds. Nasty weapon if you are wearing armor...

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2222 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Very nice, hopefully this is just the beginning of your experiences in the eternal city. Hopefully you have another week there! Smile

Posts: 13861 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Pics or it didn't happen.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately it really was a whirlwind tour of Rome. Saw the major attractions of the city from the bus and then had an hour in St. Peter's then is was back on the bus to get to the ship to start the rest of our vacation. The time in St. Peter's was amazing, but now I really want to go back and spend a lot more time.

Posts: 11884 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I have a pic of myself decades ago standing out in that very square surrounded by birds, lol. It was a magical place to me as well.
I believe I bought Italian ties for my father and then boyfriend to bring home, and then went and had gelato with my traveling companion. Smile
And St Peters's Basilica was awe-inspiring - La Pieta- but I think parts were under construction - now I have to go dig up that pic.
Definitely go back!

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5499 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
very cool. I'm envious.

Hope you also manage to have a glass of wine at the Piazza Navona, a coffee near the Pantheon (Cafe Sant'Eustachio is most famous) and take them for a bike ride in the park around the Villa Borghese.

I hereby give every member of SigForum permission to use me for target practice if I ever post a picture of me taken with a selfie stick.

The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
Had one of those life moments today. Enjoying the best dark chocolate orange gelato standing in the shade of the colonnade around St. Peter's Square in Rome with my wife and daughter.

BTDT. No, really, the wife and I probably got the Gelato at the same stand. Rome is an incredible place to visit. And Gelato should be it's own food group.

The guys at work wanted to know why I was laughing so I had to explain about the selfie stick vendors.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3900 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
very cool. I'm envious.

I hereby give every member of SigForum permission to use me for target practice if I ever post a picture of me taken with a selfie stick.

Can my wife do it for me like a proxy vote? Wink Wink

Very cool you and the family got to see Rome. Color me jealous!

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3870 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome!! Big Grin

Travel safely!!

---------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post