SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    World Cup 2022
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

World Cup 2022 Login/Join 
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted
We are a few days away from the tournament starting.

I think the USMNT will be lucky to get out of the group.

Our play has not been good lately.

Regardless that’s why you play the games.

GO USA!!!

If all you want to do in this thread is bash soccer, please just move along.

Thanks.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3458 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I will never forget Brazil getting smashed in 2014 against Germany. I was at Sam's Club and they had the game on most of their TVs, I saw the score and did a triple take. It looked like a football score. And to see the Brazilians crying! Big Grin

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
It's going to be hard for me to support the USA team since they've become woke.

Check out the new team logo:

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
I love watching the World Cup. I wish it wasn't in Qatar, though.

I'm not happy with the change on the USMNT uniforms either. They're trying to make a statement after a Qatar World Cup ambassador told a reporter that homosexuality was "damage to the mind." I wonder if they're going to bother protesting Qatar's treatment of foreign workers used to build the soccer facilities...?

quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
I will never forget Brazil getting smashed in 2014 against Germany. I was at Sam's Club and they had the game on most of their TVs, I saw the score and did a triple take. It looked like a football score. And to see the Brazilians crying! Big Grin

Husband and I were watching that game with a bunch of Germans. It was great. My second favorite German player, Miroslav Klose, was on that squad. Keeper Manuel Neuer is my favorite German player. I imagine this will be his last World Cup.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:

Jim

Seeing how that logo is a giant middle finger to the Arab World, I will have to disagree with you this time and support the logo.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
I'm a huge soccer fan, albeit primarily Bundesliga, and I am done with US Soccer given their un-American logo.

In my humble opinion, protesting does NOT belong on the field.

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
quote:

Jim

Seeing how that logo is a giant middle finger to the Arab World, I will have to disagree with you this time and support the logo.

Not a good enough reason IMHO, USA belongs in red, white and blue.

My attention span for soccer is good for about 6 games every 4 years. I will watch Argentina, Portugal, Netherlands or Germany play.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1881 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup. Fuck that. Red white and blue respect the flag or go fuck yourself. I hope they get fucking steamrolled every fucking game. Did I mention, fuck them?

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
quote:

Jim

Admittedly, I hadn't looked at it in that regard. I'm still on the fence about it though.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
As the resident Argie I just want to inform everyone that i don’t know the first thing about soccer / futbol and have never cared about it.

Used to play Rugby as a kid and was too skinny to make a difference. I sucked at it.

Sorry if disappointing .

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Good grief

These people really don't understand how idiotic they look to everybody but crazy people, do they?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Yup. Fuck that. Red white and blue respect the flag or go fuck yourself. I hope they get fucking steamrolled every fucking game. Did I mention, fuck them?

I agree, although a little more vehemently. Mad

Posts: 6606 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I have to say that I’m very disappointed in the crest.

It should not be changed whatsoever.

FIFA is corrupt to the core and this World Cup should have been played here in the USA.

Lots of votes were bought and paid for to get the games played in Qatar.

This is the result of woke propaganda bullshit.

Regardless I’m going to root wholeheartedly for the USMNT.

The players have nothing to do with the uniforms crest.

That being said. GO USA!!!

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3458 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have played competitive soccer all my life (when soccer wasn't cool) and still hold records at my college (I am 50 now).

I have given up watching/supporting MLB, NFL, NBA for all of their woke shenanigans. All I have left is the NHL and USMNT.

I am going to have to re-evaluate my support of the USMNT.

SMH...

The "Boz"

Posts: 1528 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I am rooting for the beer tents, although the sponsor is Budweiser. Yuck.

Fuck the islamo-supremacists and dhimmitude.

I hope that a South American team wins as their play is usually fluid and skillful.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Who are the strong teams to watch?

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
European - Germany, Americas - never bet against Brazil.

I'd like to see USA do well, but I'll be surprised if they get out of the group stage, given the draw they've got. England will choke in the semi-finals (if they get there), as always.

Les Bleus and the Azzurri seem to be rebuilding but they're always a threat to do well.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I couldn't care less. Won't be able to turn the channel fast enough. Or mute the commercial's if the tv happens to be on.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

Who are the strong teams to watch?

Brazil, Argentina, France, England, Spain, Germany are favorites in that order. Croatia is fun to watch. Danes because of Christian Eriksen clinically dying at the Euros less than 18 months ago yet returning to play at the highest level. It will be another strange World Cup without the Italians though Frown

Meanwhile Cristiano (I refuse to call him Ronaldo - there was only one Ronaldo) has to steal the headlines from the World Cup buildup with his Piers Morgan "interview/"toys from the pram" rant" guaranteeing he will never play for ManU again.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dwd1985
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bozman:
I have given up watching/supporting MLB, NFL, NBA for all of their woke shenanigans. All I have left is the NHL and USMNT.

Got some bad news for you on the NHL...

https://www.nhl.com/community/diversity-and-inclusion

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story...ity-inclusion-report

Posts: 4449 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post