SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I attended the Friday evening parade at Marine Corps barracks 8th and I tonight
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I attended the Friday evening parade at Marine Corps barracks 8th and I tonight Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted
And it was fantastic. I didn’t take too many pictures but I had to snap a few. I saw the Silent Drill Platoon preform back on Lejeune 20 something years ago and enjoyed it so it was cool to see them again and this time under the lights. I’m not a big marching band fan but listing to classic American tunes played by The Marine Drum and Bugle Corps was special, particularly the National Anthem and then the 1812 overture played with accompanying cannons. Overall it was a fun night and a much needed patriotic couple hours to help me forget about all the people who hate the wonderful country. The crowd was incredibly respectful and quiet and there were even very few phones out recording like there usually are at almost every event I go to now.

FYI gates opened at 1900, we got there about 15 minutes prior and got excellent parking, zipped through security and got great seats right at the top as close to the middle as we could without being in the even higher end VIP bleachers. You can carry water in and they had water stations between the bleachers and bathrooms. The event started around 2045 and ended around 2200.

That flag has 15 Stars and Stripes. This is one of only two locations authorized to fly that flag. It’s a reproduction of the flag that flew when these barracks were originally founded.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15255 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very jealous, always wanted to attend.

Glad to see the Night Parade is still put on.

Posts: 14656 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's on my bucket list.

So, no need for advance tickets, assuming they provide those, to attend this time of year?

Cant imagine how challenging the parking would be.

Posts: 1453 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2PAK:
It's on my bucket list.

So, no need for advance tickets, assuming they provide those, to attend this time of year?

Cant imagine how challenging the parking would be.

We did buy tickets in advance. I didn’t actually buy them but the person they did bought them did so a couple weeks ago.

Parking was better than we thought, we actually got to park at the corner of 8th and I under an overpass so we were right there. That’s another reason we wanted to be there as soon as they opened too.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15255 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Where is this? What city? Is it DC?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30674 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post