SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hotel robber with $3000 stolen Glock
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hotel robber with $3000 stolen Glock Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Okay, here is a question I have.

Armed robber with a customized Glock. Definitely not a cheap pistol.
Armed robber has the proficiency to keep his finger off the trigger the whole time. No matter what is happening, his finger rests where it should be.

I wonder if he has had any sort of training?

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
If he had, he might have had a round in the chamber.

A custom pistol isn’t evidence of training, particularly when it’s stolen.

Posts: 26910 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hberttmank:
Too bad she didn't shoot that piece of shit.

While shooting him would warm our hearts she would likely have faced charges- SHE has the gun....HE is no longer armed.

Hopefully not the case in Kentucky but one never knows.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4580 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
If he is coming to take the gun from her, he gets shot in the chest. Anyone who keeps coming after you point the gun at them with your finger on the trigger has made their intent abundantly clear.
Send it.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
If you want to learn about $3000 Glocks just list a nice pistol or rifle for sale on Armslist. You'll have 4-5 of $3000 Glock owners dying to trade their custom pistols the first hour.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
That he didn't might have been intentional. He probably wasn't looking to get into a shoot out, just intimidate his victims into handing over the money. Accidentally killing someone during a robbery is a stupid way to end up with life in prison. Then again armed robbery isn't so bright either.

quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
If he had, he might have had a round in the chamber.

A custom pistol isn’t evidence of training, particularly when it’s stolen.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
quote:
Originally posted by hberttmank:
Too bad she didn't shoot that piece of shit.

While shooting him would warm our hearts she would likely have faced charges- SHE has the gun....HE is no longer armed.

Hopefully not the case in Kentucky but one never knows.

So what evidence do you have that she would face charges?

I hear this repeated often as a FACT but I’m curious to what you know about the KRS/court system/LE in Paducah that I do not?

Which KRS would she have violated? Please, be specific. What agency would have charged her? Who would prosecute it?

I ll save you the effort. This is rumor and urban legend that passes as FACT that many of the concealed carry insurance (that’s not actually insurance) feed on fears and make a shit load of money off of. Yeah, if you live in CA, you MIGHT catch a charge. But even there, it’s highly unlikely. But, people are conditioned by the “i was just minding my own business....(ominous music)” gunfighter insurance ads on YouTube.

I work in this area and can tell you for a fact that there is NO WAY she would have caught a charge.

Dudes in custody. I’ll post more later

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Wow....i had not planned to be cross-examined on a supposition. Though I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express this week, I am not a lawyer nor do I have any knowledge of case law.

I did note "hopefully not in Kentucky".....a search of the Web will result in many such happenings in luvly liberal bastions.....both domestically and overseas.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4580 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Welp, I'm trying to gather some more information, but it appears that the clerk was fired for refusing to be a victim.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
And the bad guy is in custody.

http://westkentuckystar.com/Ne...om-Traffic-Stop.aspx

PADUCAH - A Paducah man has been arrested in connection to Monday night's hotel robbery.

The Paducah Police Department followed up on a Tuesday arrest by the McCracken County Sheriff's Department after a traffic stop. Deputies said 26-year-old Cory Phillips had committed several traffic violations and was reportedly nervous. Deputies say they found a laptop that had been previously reported stolen, as well as a shirt similar to one police officers had recovered at the scene of the attempted robbery of Country Inn and Suites on McBride Lane.

That robbery attempt was thwarted by a hotel clerk who grabbed the suspect's pistol when he put it on the counter so he could place cash in a bag. The man fled the scene in a dark-colored car.

Along with the shirt, police say they found a University of Alabama sock hat, similar to one worn by the robbery suspect. Police also say the gun had been reported stolen by the same person who reported the stolen laptop.

After hearing about these similarities, a Paducah Police detective interviewed Phillips and charged him with 1st-degree robbery and receiving a stolen firearm.

Phillips was taken to McCracken County Regional Jail.

From the traffic stop, he faces charges of possession of a controlled substance, driving on a suspended license, receiving stolen property valued under $10,000, possession of drug paraphernalia and failure to wear a seat belt.

www.opspectraining.com

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Three grand worth of Glock and not three cents worth of brains.

"Paducah" is a comedy word. Paducah. Keokuk. Spatula. Spatula's a comedy word. Sorry, never mind.

Posts: 107611 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I am so glad they decided to charge him with failing to wear a seatbelt. That's the cherry on top. Smile

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Welp, I'm trying to gather some more information, but it appears that the clerk was fired for refusing to be a victim.

I bet you know someone in the community that would be willing to hire her. Those corporate cowards should be ashamed. I don't think we should do a GoFundMe but getting her a better job would feel pretty good.

Bruce

-Niccolo Machiavelli

You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Now that I think about it, I would be more than happy to throw some cash in the hat if OpSpec wanted to offer her a Practical Fundamentals class. She has plenty of guts. Her technique could use some polishing.

Bruce

-Niccolo Machiavelli

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
I am so glad they decided to charge him with failing to wear a seatbelt. That's the cherry on top. Smile

Bruce

I mean, it kinda says it all right there, doesn't it? All that under his belt and he's rolling around without a seatbelt on lol.

Posts: 17135 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
cash in the hat if OpSpec wanted to offer her a Practical Fundamentals class

Not a bad plan. I think I'd be in favor of a few letters to her former employer as well.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
quote:
What could possibly add up to 3 grand on a Glock?

Glock on the street = $300. K-Y Jelly = $12. Eventual Bond = $2,688.

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2275 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post