SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gun confiscation in MA
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun confiscation in MA Login/Join 
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted
I apologize if this has been posted already. It's only on Facebook as far as I know which I'm aware many of you aren't fond of but it's disgusting and as many people as possible need to be made aware of it.

https://m.facebook.com/story.p...notif_t=feed_comment

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5564 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Can you give us some context? WHY did they seize these guns?

Just the fact that they confiscated them tells us nothing.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21928 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Improperly stored seems to be the consensus. No trigger locks or other such MA nonsense. The fact that no charges were being filed and he had proper licenses they still see fit to pile them in the back of a fucking pickup like firewood it's sickening. They mostly look like old rifles some pre 1898 possibly.

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5564 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
The funny thing is the PD is taking so much heat from this on social media they have been deleting public comments that are speaking out against them and have tried to bury the fact that they did this.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
The funny thing is the PD is taking so much heat from this on social media they have been deleting public comments that are speaking out against them and have tried to bury the fact that they did this.
Without knowing any of the details of this story, this makes me smile. Cool

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Some nice antiques in that lot. Remington Rolling Block for one.

Posts: 27180 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't you just hear the self congratulatory comments about "getting them off the street" as they were loading the truck?

Posts: 9030 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Cohasset is a town where there is no crime, the ghetto in Cohasset is middle upper class.

Posts: 2846 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Here's a non-FB link:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/201...itary-shells-police/

Longer article:
http://www.patriotledger.com/n...-had-98-guns-in-home

Sounds like a pissy ass neighbor:
quote:
Police executed a search warrant at 50 Doane St. on Friday after receiving a tip that the homeowner, Robert Stoddard, had dozens of improperly secured firearms inside.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6373 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
And even more ironic, being that it's the anniversary of American Patriots in Massachusetts fighting to the death to prevent gun confiscation by an overbearing government.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Thanks stoic-one

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Some nice antiques in that lot. Remington Rolling Block for one.

Several Garands and M1903s in the pile as well.

Posts: 33108 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
In 2014 new gun laws passed in MA. Improper storage of firearms now carries a lengthy stay in prison. I can't recall exactly how long but I think it's up to 15 years.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2436 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
Can't you just hear the self congratulatory comments about "getting them off the street" as they were loading the truck?
Hell, click to enlarge the photos and read the imbedded comments. Personal insults to the Police, that generator in the truck is full auto.. Big Grin

Posts: 17987 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
From "Criminal Defense Lawyer": Larceny Based on Type of Property in Massachusetts: If the property is a firearm, theft is punishable by imprisonment in the state prison for not more than five years, or by a fine of not more than $25,000 and imprisonment in jail for not more than two years.

So the penalty for stealing a gun is less than the penalty for not securing the gun. Makes sense to me Roll Eyes

http://www.criminaldefenselawy...s-penalties-defense#

Posts: 6514 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"All the weapons are out of the house, the neighborhood is safe,” Quigley said.

-c1steve

Posts: 4121 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those that dont think that some police would not do this. Well, Here we have a prime example that they will.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a good thing they got all those scary vintage milsurps off the market. What was this guy trying to do, start WW2 all over again? What a farce.

Posts: 2534 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
For those that dont think that some police would not do this. Well, Here we have a prime example that they will.

Nothing new ~ it was much worse in LA during Katrina. Mad

Posts: 23227 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Every cop involved in this needs to be decorating a streetlight by sundown.

Posts: 10045 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post