SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bedford, Ohio explosion at a manufacturer of brass alloys...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bedford, Ohio explosion at a manufacturer of brass alloys... Login/Join 
posted
All of these destructive 'incidences' that are occurring seem to have a purpose and I believe that this one could have an effect on the production of munitions both civilian and military.
I could just be paranoid, but I find all of this stuff happening so close together just can't be coincidental. I would be happy to believe otherwise.

https://tinyurl.com/bdct9m3f

Posts: 519 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We'll see what the report comes of this however, I don't think we need to dig too deep into these industrial issues. The corporate executives are not re-investing into their companies, avoiding machinery and facility updates, taking safety shortcuts, burying impropriety with bureaucracy. We see local governments doing this all the time, overly concerned with whatever social-eco concerns instead of using funds to update infrastructure.

Posts: 14663 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clipper1:
I could just be paranoid...
In this case, you are. Do you know how the train in the East Palestine incident derailed?

Posts: 107655 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
corsair I truly hope your assessment is correct. I have never been one to mimic Chicken Little but the physical destruction that is occurring in our country is about equal to the spiritual destruction I see.

Posts: 519 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para, yes I do. The actual place of derailment could have occurred almost anywhere after the over heating began, it would be difficult to make it happen exactly where it did, but it happened, probably because of lack of maintenance. But it is not the only recent derailment, explosion, or fire.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
...it would be difficult to make it happen exactly where it did, but it happened, probably because of lack of maintenance.
So, lack of maintenance, and it happened where it happened, and from this you get sabotage? Bringin' the pain to all the poor crackers in East Palestine?
quote:
But it is not the only recent derailment, explosion, or fire.
Trains derail all the time. Are you going to consider each of them to be sabotage?

From 1990, the first year the BTS began tracking derailments and injuries on a yearly basis, to 2021, there have been 54,539 accidents in which a train derailed. That’s an average of 1,704 derailments per year.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

posted Hide Post
^^^^When I was in my 20’s I was a gandydancer for right on 5 yrs. Great job, but tough.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, you win. I've been considered a dumb ass more than once in 83 years.
I will 'endure the present, and watch for better things.'

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm not trying to win and I'm not calling you a dumbass. Do facts bother you?

posted Hide Post
No, facts do not bother me. It is just hard to believe that all the recent derails, fires, and explosions have all happened entirely without malice aforethought. I'll just call it an idle thought, and remain paranoid for now.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
We felt the explosion at my PD one city north. We all responded to help.

No clue what happened. Still looking like an accident. Air smelled horrible. Even 15 miles away to the west at home my daughter closed all the windows and shut down the furnace. My son and his mom live 17 miles northwest and said it smelled too.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8024 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
No, facts do not bother me. It is just hard to believe that all the recent derails, fires, and explosions have all happened entirely without malice aforethought. I'll just call it an idle thought, and remain paranoid for now.

If you were in manufacturing & saw all the corners that have been cut in the last 3 years, you wouldn't bat an eye at things breaking down. The idea of 'preventative maintenance' has been beaten, buried, dug up & beaten again. Don't even try to get a hold of management that are 'working from home'.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FBHO
posted Hide Post
I worked at I Shucuman mid 90's. They treated new hires like dirt. I made it 3 weeks.

Posts: 1046 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
You say you would be happy to believe otherwise, but chose, on the basis of no evidence, to suggest that this is a plot of some sort. It isn't.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post