SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you have a teen reader in your house...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you have a teen reader in your house... Login/Join 
posted
May I suggest, "Still Water" by Renee Wittman? Young adult fantasy with no sex, no graphic violence, written very well. It kept me up past 2 am, and I don't even like this kind of thing.

Why was I up late reading something in a genre I don't like? Well, I was proofreading it for my daughter, the author. It was good enough that it wasn't work to proofread.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0991HZMDD/

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2067 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
We'll give it a try. Good luck to your daughter.

Posts: 12467 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I will check it out. Best of luck to Renee. Congratulations to her on the accomplishment. Just getting a novel to completion is a monumental task!

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
That book is for teens?
quote:

Danita Morgan is starting over. New town, new school, new everything. A chance to walk away from a relationship gone sour and the restraining orders filed against her.

Her new neighborhood is made up of cookie-cutter houses and reclusive neighbors. This is fine. They keep their distance, and she keeps hers.

Until a girl too beautiful to be real meets her at the pool and offers easy smiles and friendship.

Until the two girls find the first drowning victim high on the bluffs, yards from Dani's back door.

Until Dani and her new guy friends go exploring in the Kickapoo River Valley and find things they shouldn't.

Unbelievable things.

Dangerous things.

Deep in the Ocooch Mountains, where fairytales go to die, Danita Morgan is a target. She's someone new -- more than that, she's something new, something no one else has quite seen before.

"Still Water" is a Young Adult Urban Fantasy that maintains a Clean and Sweet tone. This novel is a Slow Burn due to the age of the protagonist. This relationship will develop over a planned series.

Did you mean..."young adults" ??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Good luck to her. We have small grandchildren, and no teens to suggest this to, unfortunately.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post