SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Backpack keeps sliding off shoulder
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Backpack keeps sliding off shoulder Login/Join 
posted
It’s a 5.11 pack and I can’t just toss it on one shoulder and walk to the parking lot at the end of the day. Is there some fabric tape or anything I can put on there to give it some grip?

Posts: 900 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
If you are going to one strap it. Lengthen the straps. You have them too short to use it that way.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ll give it a shot

Posts: 900 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Would a non-slip strip work for you?

Strap Gummy

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
You could try something like this. Silicon tape. Not sure how long with will last.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=sil...f=pd_sl_93z7labuqx_b

When hiking I use a chest strap but that's when using two straps and for longer than a walk to the car.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It also helps to hook the upper strap on one side to the lower strap of the opposite side. I usually do them both and just make the outer strap the one I use and keep the other against my back. Doing this makes the pack ride better. Hopefully your straps are not too thick.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2872 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Easy answer, lengthen the strap so the weight of the pack hangs downward.

Snarky answer, how about using the pack like it's designed, with straps over both shoulders, thus it'll ride like it's designed. Otherwise using a sling-bag or, tote will be much easier than forcing a backpack to do what it's not designed for.

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Build your deltoid heads. Razz

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to fall of motorcycles and as a result one shoulder is lower and slopes down. Suspenders, Overalls, and strapped bags don't work on that side. Did not know about the silicone patches. Going give them a try.

Posts: 112 | Location: Deep south | Registered: August 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
I've found that putting your arm through the opposite strap, so that the backpack is more under your arm (like a golf bag, for instance) than over your shoulder, helps keep it in place.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3138 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
You spelled purse wrong.
Wink

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Lengthen the strap and put it over your head to cross to the other side.
In other words, carry on the right, strap on the left.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Build your deltoid heads. Razz

This or wear as a backpack.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post