SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Life vest for kayaking while carrying
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Life vest for kayaking while carrying Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I flat water on lakes with a sit-on-top; I just use my normal carry at 3-4 o'clock with one of those newer style thinner life jackets. It doesn't really seem to affect me, and I typically don't remember I have it on. I suppose it depends on what you carry but my G40 with a light would fit the same holster.

Posts: 3101 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All chaps, no jeans
Picture of Gascan
posted Hide Post
Not sure if this meets your needs for a sit inside kayak... nor the hand cannon you want to carry but the "Stohlquist Fisherman Life Jacket" (the one with two large, semi-round zipper pockets on the front) fits an unholstered G26 size pistol quite well; draws much like a chest holster. This PDF also has the half-sized back panel so as to make it more comfortable when sitting in a kayak.

Posts: 142 | Location: Sunny St. Pete | Registered: March 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m carrying a much smaller pistol. I always have a Glock 42 in a vedder holster in my stohlquist fisherman pfd. It fits perfectly in one of the pockets.

Posts: 250 | Location: Southern, PA | Registered: July 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you’re set on using a chest holster, I’d suggest looking into ones that offer quick-release options or better access. I had the same issue with a chest holster when I started kayaking, and I found that some holsters have top flaps or quick-access designs that make it easier to get to your gun even with a life jacket on. Also, you might want to try different positions for the holster to see what works best for you while you’re in the kayak.

in the 'Merica Navy they teach you to go pew pew pew...
Luckily in the PNW they taught me to go BANG BANG BANG

Posts: 99 | Registered: November 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post