SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ten South Florida Cities Are Suing The State To Regain Control Of Their Gun Laws
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ten South Florida Cities Are Suing The State To Regain Control Of Their Gun Laws Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted
I'm not fond of politicians in general, but I'm building a special level of disdain and disgust for this grandstanding POS in South Florida. That's right, lets make so many new and differing laws across the damn state that no one has a chance of legally adhering to them.

Article
quote:
The mayors aren't trying to challenge the state's powers to preempt gun regulations, passed in 1987, which stop any locality from passing a restrictive gun law or ordinance that in any way supersedes state authority.
Total and complete bullshit! That's exactly what they're attempting to do. And just so everyone is completely clear on it, it is currently illegal to carry guns in public facilities, so these stupid, moronic douchebags in South Florida don't even know what current law is.

File this BS under....Government completely F'd-up at Parkland, so the solution is to give government even more power to F-up even bigger.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Our question is, why is it that when it comes to gun control that there are personal penalties?" Messam said. The only other instance in which a governor can remove a city official from their position is if they commit a felony. Why, Messam asks, is bringing up gun legislation punished the same way?

Because fuck you, that's why.

Posts: 3678 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
Yes.

The response to them and all other gun grabber attempts is simple.

Fuck You

or

fuck YOU

Or my favorite

FUCKYOU ASSHOLE (In Terminator voice).

Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
NOT...HAPPENING. It's quite funny that they are suing for the right to discuss and bring up gun control topics when they have no possible chance of challenging, let alone overturning or changing the Florida preemption law. Gun owners and gun rights folks are already agitated with some of what was done recently in a rush. If they really want to see what a hornets nest of freedom lovers and gun rights folks look like at city council and county meetings across Florida, they just keep pushing. They did do one positive thing with their noise and nonsense though, they are clearly identifying who needs to go in the coming elections.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4416 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Interesting demographic at play with cities in question: Cutler Bay, Lauderhill, Miami Beach, Miami Gardens, Miramar, Pinecrest, Pompano Beach, Coral Gables, and South Miami. A large number of their emigrees are formerly from the N.Y. metro area...

Posts: 13861 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Interesting demographic at play with cities in question: Cutler Bay, Lauderhill, Miami Beach, Miami Gardens, Miramar, Pinecrest, Pompano Beach, Coral Gables, and South Miami. A large number of their emigrees are formerly from the N.Y. metro area...

Bringing their liberal, commie, egotistical bedwetter horseshit wherever they go.

Posts: 3218 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
So does this mean towns through out Florida could do the same to lower the age to buy a rifle or shot gun back to 18?

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2639 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:
It's quite funny that they are suing for the right to discuss and bring up gun control topics when they have no possible chance of challenging, let alone overturning or changing the Florida preemption law.
But that's not the game here. If they could roll back the punitive penalties and legal costs, then they could play California and simple ignore state law while making their own. In other words, they'd be free to create utter chaos across Florida doing as each of them pleased. The penalties in the state law were put there specifically because of people like those in this legal challenge, who are completely driven by ideology without 'any' respect for the rights of Floridians.

The 'F-U' response noted above is just about perfect for this filth.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
I understand what they are trying to do, to which my NOT HAPPENING also applied since the punitive damages are part of the preemption law. Wink

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4416 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
They are not upset that the state has preemptive laws. They are upset that the preemptive laws include provisions that holds them personally responsible. (i.e. personal fines and jail time)

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3905 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
They are not upset that the state has preemptive laws. They are upset that the preemptive laws include provisions that holds them personally responsible. (i.e. personal fines and jail time)

^^^^^ Yes, this is so now but it was not so originally. The original preemption law voided municipal and county regulations and made new regulations illegal did not penalize officials who passed new regulations.

Unfortunately many local officials are liberal assholes. So the city council of Podunk passes a law banning concealed carry (and some one did) the local law arrests a state legal CWL for carrying, confiscates his firearm & fines him $500, his recourse was to sue city hall. I suppose the CWL would have eventually and expensively prevailed but cost to the city council was zero and they had a chance to signal their virtue. Oh, and the State Supremes are shaky at best.

Thanks to M. Hammer this is now fixed.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
They are not upset that the state has preemptive laws.
Sorry, but I'm calling BS on that. This garbage is no different than that found in California or New York. They want to 'rule' their fiefdoms any way they see fit, regardless how they hose Floridians' rights in the process.
quote:
They are upset that the preemptive laws include provisions that holds them personally responsible. (i.e. personal fines and jail time)
Damn right they are, because that's the 'only' thing keeping them from crapping all over the rights of Floridians.

I travel the state on occasion for work, and have zero intention of accumulating volumes of constantly changing laws for every jerk water town and county in Florida trying to stay legal. If these people were to get their way (which they likely won't) they'd turn lots of people like me into criminals overnight because I'm too old and too disinterested to play their stupid games.

10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
So how is this going?

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17568 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
A large number of their emigrees are formerly from the N.Y. metro area...

When I lived in Fl I knew 1 person who was born there. Everyone else was from up north.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13499 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
"...there's no other reason why this penalty provision exists but to intimidate and chill lawmakers from enacting any type of regulation."

I agree with this part and have no problem with it.

As far as an update goes, there are at least 21 municipalities in the suit including St. Petersburg and Orlando.

Posts: 11697 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Fuck those mini-fascists. Move to Cuba bitches.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 6003 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe, as I am sure many of you feel the same, is that it is not about safety but control. We all know only the criminals will make out in these deals,including the politicians.

Posts: 7087 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Its not the jerkwater towns leading the assault.

Read the list again.
Its the big city commies.

Posts: 16208 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:

we ought to fucking hang them. Anyone who tries to remove the rights of others should face dire consequences.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11109 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post