SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Have to put my pup down tomorrow
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have to put my pup down tomorrow Login/Join 
posted
My younger pit bull has to cross the rainbow bridge tomorrow. The decision to put her down is killing me inside. She’s only 5 but she started snapping at my kids and wife and attacked my older dog. We had her in for a neurological consult and she has a tumor in her brain.
Tomorrow is the day. She got a steak dinner tonight. She will get some bacon tomorrow morning. Then my wife will say goodbye before I bring her to the vet.
My 3 year old daughter is already Devestated. She doesn’t want “her Rosie to go away”
I love my pup but know there is no coming back from a brain tumor.

Posts: 1608 | Registered: March 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
It is tough to lose a friend. I'm sorry you and your family have to deal with this.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry, all our prayers....

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Brutal. My sympathies.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear this.
With our kids older, grown, and gone, our 3 pups are our children.

Prayers for you, Rosie, and your family. Frown

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
Rebel and I will think of you!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Wow, sad to hear and my condolences. You did all you could for her and probably more than most would do. I am sure she had a great life with your family during her 5 years and feel blessed for the time you did have together. She will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
You and your family have my sympathy. Frown

Thank you for making a hard call, quickly.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry to hear this I know what you are going through.
It is never an easy task. My sincere sympathies go to you and your family.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Man that's hard. Believe me I know, one of the hardest things in life to do. I love dogs and have had to do it more than once.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had to make the hard call last Summer. Ours was only 6 1/2.

It's the right call but difficult.

My sincere condolences.

Posts: 195 | Location: Smithfield, Utah | Registered: April 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear this. You gave her a good life, and are protecting her now. I’ll say a prayer.

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I don’t envy the position you’re in as we’ve lost 2 dogs ourselves but you’re definitely doing the right thing, regardless of how difficult it is. Cancer sucks, and I’m sorry it’s taking your Rosie away.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Knowing that you're doing the right thing for both your pup and your family doesn't make it any easier. All the best.

Posts: 7314 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry for your loss.

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Very sad. It hurts to lose them.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30677 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had to do it many times, and even though the decision becomes easier to make with experience, actually taking that last trip to the vet, holding them close and looking then in the eye as they go, burns a bigger hole in my heart each time.

Remember tomorrow that we're all with you in spirit.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9161 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
It truly feel for you. I had to put my beautiful girl down earlier this year after 13 loyal years of companionship.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1175 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Prayers for Rosie.

May God give you and your family strength at this difficult time.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
That’s a sad duty but you are doing right by her and your family. My condolences.

Posts: 26908 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post