SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Amazon stuff gets more strange by the day
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon stuff gets more strange by the day Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Sadly, as i buy more things on Amazon I get more stuff with issues and have to send back. Thankfully so far Amazon has handled it all superbly.

I recently ordered one of those wifi switches it was a lightning deal so i just wanted to give it a try. It was $8.99 sold by Amazon.
It arrived it was a white outlet and it was covered in black sticky oily fingerprints. The thing also did not work the lights nor the device would power on.
No big deal sent it back got a refund from Amazon, no harm no foul.
So I gave a 1 Star review explaining the fingerprints also included a photo and how it did not work.

A couple days after that I got an e-mail from the manufacturer (not Amazon) stating they were sorry, don't send the original back to Amazon just keep it and they would send me a new one and refund half the price to my Amazon account.
I had already sent the original back and Amazon refunded my money. Got another half refund like the company e-mail stated.

Today the new one arrived. I also got a follow up e-mail from the company stating that they had located a design flaw in the product. It asked for the my e-mail address that is linked to my paypal account so they could send me $30 for my troubles.

Kind of strange offering more than 3 times the price of the product after sending a new one and refunding half the original cost.

I have not sent my e-mail. I just have this bad feeling it is the Chinese trying to infiltrate my wifi network or something.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25704 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Sadly, as i buy more things on Amazon I get more stuff with issues and have to send back. Thankfully so far Amazon has handled it all superbly.

Careful...Amazon is starting to ban customers without notice for returning too many items:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/a...th-too-many-returns/

http://time.com/money/5288702/...n-return-policy-ban/

https://www.usatoday.com/story...ny-orders/636089002/

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't use Amazon a lot, but yesterday I decided to order some replacement blades for my Norelco razor. It looks like half of what was listed was some cheap knock-offs, not even made by Norelco. But the logo on the blades sure looks like the Norelco logo! Reviews of a lot of the different sellers were terrible.

For a lot of things, Amazon seems to be the wild wild west - buy at your own risk.

And now they don't want you returning their junk...

Posts: 619 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I don't think Black has a problem about getting banned. Amazon can look at the total sales transactions versus returns and can figure he's legit.

Years early on, a vendor contacted me with a very inviting proposal, either monetary or products. But, I gathered from what they wanted me to do was to either pass on to them my account and password by registering on their website. It was so inviting that I called Amazon who advised me not to bite. So I didn't.

Recently, I ordered a bluetooth speaker from Anker on Amazon. I didn't like the quality so I sent it back and ordered the next higher model. I also gave a review giving one star and advice to just go buy the next better model. Someone from Anker contracted me and offered to send me the next model for free and to keep the old speaker. Well, I had already returned the old speaker and gotten the new one. When the free anker came, I just returned the unused speaker for a refund so I got my speaker for free.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20081 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seotaji
posted Hide Post
It's a bribe for a better review. I've received requests for a 5 star review after and offer of money and a free product.

With most people it usually works.

Posts: 6917 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Amazon needs to do a much better job vetting their sellers. It's becoming fleabay with a different URL.

I ordered a bunch of Gildan Polo shirts. they're inexpensive and decent quality for a guy who destroys shirts regularly. One of them, unknown to me at the time of order, was from a seller in the U.K.

Well, it was not as described, so I asked to return it. Return approved, seller would refund upon receipt. The hitch was I GET TO PAY POSTAGE TO RETURN THE DAMN SHIRT!

Thanks, but no thanks. Your mistake, your dime. No says AMAZON.

Prime is not so Prime any more.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20395 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
Just make sure that Amazon is the seller or fulfiller for the sale and you should not have any problems getting your issues resolved.

Posts: 2736 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just make sure that Amazon is the seller or fulfiller for the sale and you should not have any problems getting your issues resolved.

Yes, but then in Tennessee we have to pay 9.75% tax. 9.75% additional cost is a steep price for infrequent problems & it seems I have had as many problems with Amazon fulfilled as I have others.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4344 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I always only buy from amazon or known vendor. Still it’s getting harder to find a product I want to buy. Agree with above - getting more like a fleabay.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13115 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I bought a blu-ray disk a few months ago. It was a non-Amazon fulfiller. It arrived in a padded envelope that had been run over by something like a forklift (still had the tire tread mark on it) and the disk case inside was crushed. No way to tell if the damage was done on the senders end or in the Fed-Ex distribution warehouse here in town. So I emailed Amazon for an RMA and got back (from the vendor, not from Amazon) a reply saying if the disk itself was OK to just keep it and they would refund the entire purchase price. And so they did. I was happy enough, I just need to go find a new case to put the disk in.

Posts: 7422 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I've been turning away from amazon lately, at least for certain types of items. For example, PUR water filters. I just don't trust that they are legit coming from Amazon. So I buy them at the store even if it might cost me a couple of bucks more.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30954 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
quote:
A couple days after that I got an e-mail from the manufacturer (not Amazon) stating they were sorry, don't send the original back to Amazon just keep it and they would send me a new one and refund half the price to my Amazon account.

This happened to me. The way Amazon works... Occasionally if a good quality product is out-of-stock - even a specific size or model - an unscrupulous company will swoop in and offer a rip-off copy of the good product. This happened to me with a grill company named Classic Accessories. They sell good covers for grills and patio furniture. Also A/C unit covers.

Classic did not have my grill cover in stock and I inadvertently ordered from some Chinese company named DMTRADE. They sent me a grill cover LITERALLY made from thin, nylon sail cloth. I informed Amazon about the junk. The Chinese company offered for me to "keep the product and they would refund one-half the price." I told them to pound sand, I wanted a full refund and if they wanted their junk back they could send a box with a call tag. I wasn't paying shipping for jack shit.

I got the full refund quickly, and they never sent the box. I tossed the junk in the trash and posted a "be aware of scammers" post on the listing. To be clear, this was not Classic Accessories fault ... it was due to the way the Amazon product page was set up.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 5025 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post