SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pens.. whats a good brand
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pens.. whats a good brand Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure they're the best, but the Pilot FriXion pens actually erase. I mean completely. The ink is like heat sensitive or something...

Posts: 343 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: April 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
When I was a cop I wanted a pen to replace the fancy cross pens in my uniform that were there for show. Especially after I damaged one I’d had since 9th grade.

I found a Zebra pen fit the deal and I replaced the plastic parts with another zebra model pieces...I saw it on a you tube video, the pen is all stainless now and I also hacked the fisher space pen ink cartridges so the pens write in the rain, upside down, etc...

https://medium.com/@schmutzie/...trument-bc2bf7c1e3c3

Edit because I found this updated Zebra
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...26060686abc950f2babe

THANKS MIKE!
Looks like I found something to do in class tomorrow.

I like the Zebra 701. It holds up well. I get the "bold" refills by the box from Zebra.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8361 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Pilot G2 Limited

I love the G2 refills. The pens are cheap, but the refills are the best.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Best non refillable, Pilot Precision V5 or V7 depending on preferred line thickness.

Posts: 13051 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
I have a surefire pen with Parker gel rollerball refills that really spoils me with my day to day writing. For disposable pens I have always liked the uni-ball gel ink pens.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
I used to use Zebra almost exclusively until I found a pen snob blog a while back that turned me on to the Uniball Jetstream. Hands down the best writing pen I've ever owned, including much more expensive models. If you can find a metal body to the fit the Jetstream refills into, that would be a great combination.

Here is the blog: https://www.penaddict.com/top-5-pens

ETA: Another review with the Jetstream on top https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-best-pen/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jaaron11,

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5283 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I was just looking over Jet Pens, you might find something here. I just picked gifts under $100.

JetPens Link

Posts: 11860 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Precision Enthusiast
posted Hide Post
I've been using a Zebra Sarasa Grand. It is a retractable gel ink pen with a (mostly) metal body. It can be purchased with different ball sizes depending on your writing preference. I use the 0.7mm medium tip - similar to the Cross pen refills that you are currently using.

Posts: 121 | Registered: August 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Pilot G2 Limited

I love the G2 refills. The pens are cheap, but the refills are the best.

A Mont Blanc rollerball refill will fit the G2 Limited pen (and regular) if you want to experiment, you just have to nip off half the blue plug. I love the fat 10 size G2 ink pens/refills myself. Bold and smooth writing.

Posts: 17902 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
I've been using this Fisher pen for 10 years, including deployments. I'll take it with me into retirement.
https://www.amazon.com/Rite-Ra...ds=fisher+pens&psc=1

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Best daily writing pen I've come across.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
All the pens on my desk are Zebra F-301

I've got a couple Parkers at home that I'm happy with as well.

Pilot G2 fine point were the favorite when I worked for a Chevrolet dealer (worked really well on the key tags).

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15365 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Fisher pens for me. I have a couple. One has been used for over 15 years at my home office, a Telescoping Space Pen. I rotate the refill from my Fisher Explorer to the desk pen, always a fresh refill in the kit.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3405 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post