SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best.Damn.Dumb.Dog.Ever!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best.Damn.Dumb.Dog.Ever! Login/Join 
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry for your loss.

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1520 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
My condolences. He had a beautiful face.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
Just before I turned 70 a stray dog about 4 months old showed up at our place. Not unusual since our area is where city folks dump their unwanted dogs. This dog was totally covered in mange with a little hair on his head and tail. My wife had been feeding him for a couple days but he was still skiddiest around me. Since we had two dogs I did not want them to catch the mange and I did not want to handle him so I got my gun to go put him down. When I went to shoot he looked up at me with the prettiest blue eyes. He is a Lab-Husky-Ridgeback mix. My heart melted and I relented. After four months of vet treatment his mange was cured. It was two more years before we totally won his trust and devotion because it was quickly evident that he had been severely abused by someone. We have had him now for Five years and he is our devoted and loving companion and my best buddy and friend. He was truly a gift sent to us from God when we needed it the most. One never knows when God will choose to bless us and this dog was surely one. I hope you find another real soon. One thing about dogs is their love is so great that they never begrudge us finding another one to help mend our hearts when they pass.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 876 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1160 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss, all our prayers....

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1523 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
So sorry you lost him. Prayers for you. I hope all my pooches are there waiting when I cross over.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry to hear about Rocky’s passing. He sounds like he was a hell of a dog. My dog Scout is smart as hell and horribly trained (100% my fault) but I wouldn’t trade her for the world so I know how you feel. I truly hope for all our sakes that our animals will be there waiting for us when our times come. Life is so much better when it’s shared with pets.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Just don't watch A Dog's Purpose for awhile. Wink

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss my friend.

He sounds like a unique pup. I hope he is playing his ass off on the other side of the bridge right now.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m so sorry for your loss. Dogs are so much better and sincere than humans.

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post