SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    TSA’s $77 Million Canine Units Can’t Detect Explosives
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TSA’s $77 Million Canine Units Can’t Detect Explosives Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
TSA has always been eyewash for the masses.

Posts: 7490 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
It seems that TSA’s dog training center is co-located at Joint-Base San Antonio/Lackland where MWDs are trained. I have no idea if there’s any interaction, but I think we are pretty confident that there are quality working dogs coming out of Joint-Base

Like any training, getting the basic down is just the first step and is only, basic. Not knowing how the TSA allocated their funding for their working dogs and what kind of resources each of the handlers had, its probably safe to say that it was all over the place, painfully inconsistent and full of contradictory instructions and legal speak.

Posts: 14656 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
TSA is just a small subset of the equally inept Department of Homeland Security.

True story: I had a meeting at one of the DHS offices in D. C. As I was waiting for my coworkers, I noticed employees waving their PIV (government-issued Personal Identity Verification) cards at security personnel stationed at the entrance. I then noticed a bank of card-reading entry turnstiles, going unused.

When I got to the meeting, I asked one of the DHS-ers about this. "They're the wrong type," was the reply. "They can't read the PIV cards."

That about sums up the DHS, TSA and Fed Gubmint in general.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
TSA people can't find their own dicks, let alone guns or explosives. Who trained, handles the dogs?

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post