SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How To Pre-Wire For DirecTV With A New Home ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How To Pre-Wire For DirecTV With A New Home ? Login/Join 
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
My house was built a couple of years ago. It came with Coax in every room and Cat-5e.

In 3 rooms, there is an additional Coax drop that can be used for the incoming internet over cable, which allows me to put my internet router in any of the 3 locations.

All of the wires terminate to a panel in the master bedroom closet. There's a power outlet inside the panel so that you can plug in a network switch.

Posts: 13064 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'd run this to each room. Make sure you figure out likely furniture and TV layouts in advance and make sure you run additional cat5e or cat6 to any possible computer locations as well. Terminating all runs in structured media box.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21150 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post