SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does $320 seem like a reasonable cost to replace a windshield
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does $320 seem like a reasonable cost to replace a windshield Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
for an out of pocket job for a Honda ridgeline?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19227 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
In 2014 I had the windshield replaced in my 2003 Grand Cherokee. They came to my house and did it and it cost right over $300. In 2015 I had the same people do the windshield in my 1999 Suzuki and it was a hair under $300 (again they came to me and did it in my driveway). Safelite? The company you see all the ads for.

That is my only experience with out of pocket glass replacement. No insurance involved. Both windshields are still fine. The Jeep had the rain sensor on the windshield too.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
That is right in line with the local quotes I see for my 2017 Forester

Posts: 4024 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
yes...

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3495 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
That doesn't sound bad.

Posts: 27991 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Yes!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8391 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Ok, thanks guys. I appreciate it. So be it.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19227 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Safelight offered to replace the windshield on my Cadillac since their spot repair didn't work...

Then they realized it would have to be custom made for about three grand. The seal was $600 or so.

Five weeks later, I had some new glass. Don't know if they still offer that.

Posts: 9168 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yup, unfortunately. I've had to replace the windshield on my 2014 Jeep eight times now. The last time was just a few months ago, and it was well over $300.

My wife's Tahoe was quoted over $400.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30427 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to upgrades like navigational systems and the like the cost has risen exponentially.

Posts: 17268 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For aftermarket glass, yes

Posts: 872 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
In 2013 I paid about 220.00 for a Honda Pilot windshield.

Posts: 5310 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Yes. I have replaced 7 windshields in my work fleet this year and they have averaged around $300 per.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5914 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I've had plenty of windshields replaced on my family fleet over the years, sounds reasonable.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8697 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
Wow. I got the glass replaced on my Tacoma a few months back, and it was 190 bucks.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 770 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Windshields are cheap in Colorado Springs, for some reason. I had the windshield replaced on our 97 Suburban a couple years ago for under $200. I was pleasantly surprised.

Posts: 26937 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Windshields are cheap in Colorado Springs, for some reason. I had the windshield replaced on our 97 Suburban a couple years ago for under $200. I was pleasantly surprised.

My '96 Rodeo ten years ago was $120. We're talking about 15-20 year old cars here. Of course their glass is cheaper

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30427 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About 6 months ago I had Novus replace the windshield in my Nissan Titan pick-up. $282 with sales taxes, just about a hundred less than Safelite quoted for the same job.

Local Novus franchise is a nice family run operation. Nice people, good work, in and out in about an hour.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1097 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tacoma - $365. (Twice)

No idea what the Tesla’s will cost but will have to be done before I need to renew my brake tag

I dropped my comprehensive deductible to $50 for this single reason. I don’t live in a state where you get 1 free a year

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6236 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kept Bum
posted Hide Post
My insurance co provides complete glass coverage, for about 10 bucks a year, and will replace any glass at their expense in full. Check it out, I know this will not help you now, but it works well I've had 3 windshields done, no charge

"It does not require many words to speak the truth.".....Chief Joseph

https://pbase.com/shellyva/image/171613535

Posts: 88 | Location: Out there, somewhere | Registered: May 05, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post