SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    iPhone 13 or 13 Mini?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iPhone 13 or 13 Mini? Login/Join 
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted
My wife and I still have iPhone 7 but are ready for the newer and better technology.

We're trying to decide which iPhone 13 version to get---the Mini, which is almost exactly the size of the 7, or the regular 13, which has about a 12% larger screen and costs an additional $100.

Opinions, please!

Posts: 4502 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Not sure on iPhone sizing, but I was happy when I went from a Samsung S9+ to a S22.
My phone typically lives in my pocket, so the smaller device is nice, and I haven't missed the larger screen.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15344 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
We recently went from Iphone 6's to the 13 Pro Max and really like them.

Posts: 18038 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
I just went from an iphone SE (2020) version to the 13mini, and size wise it's actually a bit smaller, but that's what I prefer, but so far it's been a good phone.

Archerman

Posts: 2487 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I went from the similar size 8 to the 13 Mini specifically to keep the same size. Last I heard, this will be the last mini that Apple will produce. Although a small screen is somewhat more difficult to use, especially with my aging vision, it's handier and I don't have to get all new pouches just yet.

Note also that the screen size of the 13 is actually larger than the 7.

I'm sure I'll eventually go to larger sizes at some point, but right now I'm happy.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16363 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I went from an I-6 to a 12 Pro Max almost two years ago.
Much of the difference is just personal preference. Since I'm starting to appreciate the larger screen size, the Max version was my choice and it still fits in my normal carry preference, my shirt pocket.
A 13 has a even bit more than mine so the camera and processor difference will be noticeable in either model you choose.

Posts: 9524 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
How is your eyesight? My wife has the 12 Mini and loves it, but it’s too small for me and I struggle with seeing anything on it without reading glasses. I love my 12 Pro Max.

Posts: 33829 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I have a 13 mini. I really like it. Not a fan of big electronics in my pockets. I have to pinch and zoom almost everything anyway so the screen size isn't so critical. The battery is smaller so by 10 pm it's at 5%. My full size iphone 11 battery would last a few hours longer between charges. Other than that, I prefer the mini.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29711 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
13 mini here, switched from a much larger Android. Am very happy to not lug a huge device around anymore, and the cameras/functionality are amazing! I do need to “zoom” a little more frequently, but well worth the trade-off, for me.

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
I have a 12 mini and it's perfect for me. I don't want anything bigger and don't like the fact they gave up on minis after the 13.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same here. Can't speak to the 13, but the 12 Mini works great for me. The vast majority of the time it is in my pocket and fits perfectly.

Posts: 772 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I would be fine with the mini or standard size.

I came from an iphone 7 to the 12 mini and it's the perfect size for home use for me.
I use it for music and to play some games where I hold it sideways and having a smaller phone makes it easier for me to reach across the screen than it would a larger phone.

As far as carrying around as an actual phone, I'm going to go with the regular size the next time since the main reason I got the mini was in fear of the bigger sizes being too big in my front pocket while sitting down, which proved to not be a problem after testing out other people's phones.
I have absolutely no use for the Max versions. I never watch movies or anything that requires the plus sized screens.

Posts: 7423 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
I have a 13 Mini and simply love it - it's the perfect size to carry in my Levis front pocket- or any of my jacket or sweatshirt pockets.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I’m in the “can’t see for shit” camp and would probably want the standard size screen. Possibly even a plus.

Posts: 26921 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s a very personal choice. I had a 13 mini for personal use, but I found it too small. I replaced it with a regular sized iPhone 13.

But I have a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra for work and I find that size to be perfect. So again it is very much a personal preference.

Posts: 6623 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
13 Pro. It’s the perfect size imo. The mini is too small, and the Max is big and HEAVY. The pro series cameras are better than the standard 13 as well.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15598 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
The biggest complaint I keep hearing about the Mini is battery life. I'd go with the standard size which is physically the same size as an iPhone 8 with a full screen.

Posts: 4198 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Recently purchased the iphone 14 regular size and recommend that size screen, 6.1"

The mini is just a bit too mini for me.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the 13 Pro and wish I had the Mini. Unfortunately, the I don't believe Apple is going to continue the Mini footprint in the future.

Posts: 1453 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
I have the 13 mini. I was so happy to have a small phone again. I just turned 44 and used to have perfect eyesight, but now need readers. I had to crank the font up on the phone and think at this point I should have gotten the 13 normal size. I love a smaller phone in my pocket and hand, but if you need readers, you may go bigger than the mini.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post