SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pickup Truck Bed Covers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pickup Truck Bed Covers Login/Join 
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Truxedo low pro. I put one on every new truck I buy.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2040 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
I had the BAKFlip VP on my RAM. It was ok. I liked it at first, but as time went on, I had a few issues. Nothing were show stoppers, but just something to be aware of.

1. Like others have said, it's not 100% water tight, but with some tweaking with foam/gasket tape, you can get it pretty close.
2. Several times I had to re-glue some of the rubber gaskets and foam trim pieces on the cover.
3. Each section has a cable that connects the latch on each side. It's the cable that you pull to unlatch the top. Once or twice the crimp on the ferrules supporting the cable failed and I had to re-crimp. This also happened on my Dad's cover.
4. The clips holding the rods that support the top when it's folded back against the cab were awful. Every time you closed the top, the rods would pop out of the clips. I had to replace those with different clips from Home Depot.
5. I think they may have fixed this on newer redesigns, but not sure, but you had to open the cover to close the tailgate. This wasn't too bad, but did get annoying after awhile.

My latest truck I went with a truck cap. If I had to go the tonneau route again, I probably wouldn't get a BAKFlip.

Chris

Posts: 1701 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:

I absolutely HATE soft covers. PITA to snap, too loose when it's hot, too tight when it's cold. Bows wouldn't stay in place on the POS Extang that I gave to somebody I didn't like when I bought the Bak Flip.

Mine is velcro. No snaps. Can reinstall in the dead of winter. Bows are built into the cover. You can unroll it one handed in seconds.

Posts: 11517 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
I have the Undercover LUX on my Tundra and it's great. No leaks and completely solid so gear is secured when you lock it. Lightweight and easy to take off when you need to. Painted to match the OEM color so it looks great.

http://www.undercoverinfo.com/products/lux

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2599 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Backflip on my 2015 Tundra. I have had no issues with it.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Likely going to be a Bak MX4 on my F150.
I like the ability to open close the tailgate with the cover latched & prefer the more matte/satin finish to the glossy finish on the G2.

Edit: The Peragon also got my attention, but I didn't like that it all folds into the front of the bed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P250UA5,

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15981 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Surrounded by
Fruit Loops
Picture of Baran
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bakflip Revolver X2

I just ordered one of these for my 2015 Tacoma thru tonneaufactoryoutlet.com
When I was looking at it, the chat window came up and was able to get it for $820 shipped.
Hopefully it will be in soon, they ordered and drop ship from the mfg.

Posts: 1528 | Location: Happy Valley, MA | Registered: November 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an undercover flex on my Tundra. Great cover and I love that it can be folder completely up to the back window. Its not waterproof but I would say 90%.

Posts: 5464 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
I also have a Fold-a-Cover G4 Elite on my 2017 Sierra 2500HD. I am very impressed with it. Installation was easy. It locks from both front and back. It has their personal caddy also. Very good quality IMO. I like that I can keep the personal caddy locked and secure but leave access to the rest of the bed. I also like that if I need it open I can stack it behind the window leaving 3/4 of the bed open.

Seems to be pretty close to water-tight.

Posts: 1823 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
Purchased mine through Amazon... What brand eh not even sure. It works does some water come in, yes But its a vinyl cover and I'm happy with it.

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7920 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
I've had an Extang Trifecta on mine for about 7 years, and it's been great.
Got the canvas model instead of vinyl. After 7 years, the canvas has shrunk a bit, but foam still prevents water from getting in.

Ordered it from Auto Anything.com

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post