SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone been to Eastern State Penitentiary lately?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone been to Eastern State Penitentiary lately? Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
Going on Saturday evening. Parking at the zoo. Never been before. Do you get wanded or run through a metal detector? I don't like not carrying in the city, and am not comfortable leaving a gun in the car while at ESP.

Anyone confirm security protocols there?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was there in August and there was no security screening. Do not know of they do anything different this time of year.

Posts: 680 | Location: MA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I do my best to stay out of penitentiaries. What will you do there?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Yes, I think the original poster is assuming we know more than we do.....

I too do my best to stay out of prisons and I would not expect to be allowed to carry if I went to one in any kind of situation....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a haunted house.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
It’s a historical site & shuttered prison.

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Interesting ....
Alphonse "Scarface" Capone
Chicago’s most famous mob boss spent eight months at Eastern State in 1929-1930.

Arrested for carrying a concealed, deadly weapon, this was Capone’s first prison sentence. His time in Eastern State was spent in relative luxury.

His cell on the Park Avenue Block had fine furniture, oriental rugs, and a cabinet radio.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a good Halloween attraction. Have fun!

From their website:

Can I bring ________?

If you have to ask, it’s best that you leave it in the car or, better yet, at home. We are dedicated to providing a safe, fun event for every visitor. Therefore, weapons of any kind, pepper spray, pocketknives, lighters, flashlights, alcoholic beverages, and any other potentially dangerous objects are not permitted inside the penitentiary.

We have a strict "no guns" policy, which means that even persons licensed to carry a firearm, including off-duty law enforcement officers, will not be permitted to bring their weapon into the penitentiary complex (and we can't hold them for you, either).

Our security team checks all bags for potentially dangerous objects and conducts random pat-downs.

Cameras are permitted, but photography and videography are not allowed inside the haunted houses.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2039 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw that, but no reason not to carry unless they'll wand me. Rather not have to do the drive through the city and the trip back to the car without it.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Last 3 times I was there, I carried no problem.

Most recent was last year.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ramius, did you carry at the Terror Behind the Walls shindig? Do they roll out extra security for that?

posted Hide Post
I have been in Federal prisons, local jails and state psychiatric hospitals. I have no desire to return having seen them in action. I do, however understand the attraction. For those interested view Titicut follies which was censored until recently. It is a film featuring inmates at a facility for the criminally insane. It is both shocking and very sad for the uniitiated.

LINK to information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titicut_Follies

Posts: 17242 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Ive always wanted to go. Be sure to report back. Need i say we want pics? Cool

Posts: 1827 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post