SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How to embed Youtube and Reddit videos directly on Sigforum without the Karmanator: A tutorial.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to embed Youtube and Reddit videos directly on Sigforum without the Karmanator: A tutorial. Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted
This came up recently in another thread, and I figure as often as posting images comes up, some folks who don't know how to embed videos from YouTube might appreciate a little tutorial. So, here's a thread about it, and hopefully someone finds it useful. I don't have time tonight, but maybe this week, I'll put together an infographic equivalent of the picture posting procedure that someone here whipped up. Or maybe someone beats me to it and makes a way better one and posts it here. Either way. Big Grin

When you view a YouTube video, there's a series of buttons just to the lower right of the video just about the red SUBSCRIBE button where you can give a thumbs up or down. Next to the thumbs up/down buttons, there's a "share" button. Click that button and another window comes up. In the upper left corner of that window, at the end of the row of buttons and to the left of the Facebook icon, click "embed." The window will change, and you'll see the embed code in a window. At this point, you may choose to select at what time the video will start when someone clicks on the embedded video, enable embedded player controls, or enable "privacy-enhanced mode." Copy all of what's in the text window by clicking "copy" in the bottom right corner of the window. Now you're done with the YouTube portion of the process.

When you click "reply" to post here on SF, a window pops up that you type your post in, like I am now. There's a row of buttons above the text field. The second button from the right looks like a film strip with two exposures on it. If you don't know what that looks like, look for the two little blue squares on top of each other next to the button with the red characters </>. Click that button and the [ FLASH_VIDEO ] [ /FLASH_VIDEO ] tags will show up. I added spaces between the brackets and the text to deactivate the tags, but if you leave them and paste your video link between those tags and hit "post," you'll be looking at an embedded video when the page reloads. Smile

Maybe if Para and the staff are cool with it, you can use this for your embedded video test thread since those still seem happen from time to time in the staff only forum. It's kind of what the topic is about anyhow.

Also, I don't know how many of you use or browse Reddit, but it's got a larger userbase than Twitter by far, and there's tons of content there ranging from useful to hilarious to utterly stupid, and you may want to embed a video here that you find there. Their player is a little buggy, but it works well enough. It is very simple. Under a video, you will see from left to right "Comments" then "Award" then "Share." Click "Share. A menu will drop down and "Embed" is in the middle. Click it, and a window will pop up. There are options you can select, but for our purposes, you only need to check "Include media preview" if you want to and the others can be left blank. The top field has a "Copy" button to the right. Click it. The rest is all the same going forward as to how the embed code works on Sigforum as posted above.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P220 Smudge,

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Guessing that if for a desktop only??

On my iPhone it looks nothing like those steps.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25423 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Or just use mark123's replacement for the Karmanator's YouTubeIt: http://imaginekitty.com/tubinator.php

I just replaced my bookmark for Chance's Karmanator version with that, and everything's working great.

Details within this thread: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/7870016254/p/4

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I see the share button and did the rest, but it didn't work for me for some reason.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
testing 1 2

And it Worked!

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TEST:

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How do you resize pics from imgbb.com? My phone pics post as obnoxiously large.......

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

Correct. I’ll update it later today with how to do it on an iPhone. It never occurred to me last night.

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
When I was trying to figure this out I clicked on the quote button of a successful post and looked at how it was coded.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lithog
posted Hide Post

Testing Mark123 link

---------------------------
"Welcome to Tennessee, patron state of shootin' stuff." Bob Lee Swagger, THE SHOOTER

Posts: 1216 | Location: Memphis,Tenn.,USA | Registered: October 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
Or just use mark123's replacement for the Karmanator's YouTubeIt: http://imaginekitty.com/tubinator.php

Thanks for the tip! And thank mark123 for the replacement! Looks like it's working perfectly.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of skywag
posted Hide Post

Posts: 174 | Location: United States | Registered: January 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Smudge's technique works for Rumble videos. Maybe I'll figure an update for the tubinator.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Okay, I finally got it. Eventually skills come even to the untalented.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2771 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Posts: 1922 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

Correct. I’ll update it later today with how to do it on an iPhone. It never occurred to me last night.

I forgot all about this. I know there used to be a way to do it, but if it's still possible, I cannot figure it out.

posted Hide Post

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Mark123.
Easy peasy.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure the 'Embed Feature' is a somewhat recent add to Rumble...Thanks for pointing that out 'mark123'!

I've tried to embed videos from Rumble in the past and found no satisfaction. Further, my attempts were while using a PC, and with the knowledge of the YouTube 'embed functionality' which I learned shortly after the 'Karminator' was no longer an option, so I'm pretty certain it wasn't actually there previously. Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post